·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Here are some pics of the cans attached to the bracket

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's mine

I got one of the Speedlogix Catch Cans and I am very happy with the set-up.
Thanks Speedlogix for all the help!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I got one of the Speedlogix Catch Cans and I am very happy with the set-up.
Thanks Speedlogix for all the help!!!
Looks great thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Here is a pic of a black can installed on a customer's 6.1

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
In stock and ready to ship!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a question about install location on the RT.
I got the black can from you guys, and it came all put together (with clamp on) as its shown in the pic above. The way its shown, it is set to fit in front of the radiator house (as opposed to behind, like Aircop has his installed). I planned on keeping the engine cover on, so this was really the only place to install it.
I did my best to adjust the height of the can inside the clamp so that it wouldn't be pressing against the hose, but after taking a look at it today, it looks like it was too high, and the hood was pressing against it this whole time.... which also pushed the can back down against the hose.

So now I have a scuff mark under my hood and on the can.
Am I better off letting it press against the hose? Or is there any other way I can mount it without issue, other than putting it where Aircop did?

·
Premium Member
10,724 Posts
I have a question about install location on the RT.
I got the black can from you guys, and it came all put together (with clamp on) as its shown in the pic above. The way its shown, it is set to fit in front of the radiator house (as opposed to behind, like Aircop has his installed). I planned on keeping the engine cover on, so this was really the only place to install it.
I did my best to adjust the height of the can inside the clamp so that it wouldn't be pressing against the hose, but after taking a look at it today, it looks like it was too high, and the hood was pressing against it this whole time.... which also pushed the can back down against the hose.

So now I have a scuff mark under my hood and on the can.
Am I better off letting it press against the hose? Or is there any other way I can mount it without issue, other than putting it where Aircop did?

There should be enough adjustment to get it lower without hitting the radiator hose (small window). Also, you can try to remove the two small allen head bolts on the bracket (The one attached to the car) and turn it upside down. That might give you enough space to get away from the radiator hose.

But you can mount it like Aircop did and lower it enough you can put your engine cover on. for that to work, you would need to shorten the hose and would need the 6.1L bracket instead of the 5.7L bracket.

Thanks!
Mikey

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
These are in stock @ Speedlogix. Fits all 08-10 6.1 and 09-11 5.7L Challengers

·
Registered
77 Posts
The rubber cap on the drainpipe of my catchcan fell off somehow.
Any chance I can get another one from you guys?
Or are these types of things readily available at places like Home Depot?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are these cans in stock still?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Are these cans in stock still?
They're currently out of stock but the final batch of 50 will be in stock very soon. We're getting them in black and satin ONLY and they'll have our SX logo on them. Let us know which you'd want and we'll set you up!

FYI - after this batch is sold, they're gone. Limited edition status ftw!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I see that moroso has a smaller "small body" design that they state can be used with the silencer, will you plan on carrying those any time soon?

I was wondering, with the standard mount from moroso, can this can be installed with the factory airbox w/silencer? or will that have to be removed?
EDIT: Nevermind, found it on another thread - looks like i'll have to keep the engine cover off if I wish to use the factory airbox, otherwise, dremel the engine cover to fit the mounting bracket...*

·
Registered
60 Posts
fish - if you want to keep your stock intake system, but ditch the silencer, all you'll need is this:

Mopar OEM CAI Tube 05-12 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7/6.1L.
thanks! i was looking into that and currently piecing together options to get a catch can installed asap, already 10k miles in without one, always hesitant to take my car knowing that dirty oil is going back in.

i think i'll be ordering an LMI true Cai from you guys this week once i figure out which catch can to get, too bad you guys are out of the black morosos, do you know when you'll be getting any in stock?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The black Moroso cans were made specifically for us and as of now are not going to be produced again. We still have them in satin and if you want a BT can, we do have those in black.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The black Moroso cans were made specifically for us and as of now are not going to be produced again. We still have them in satin and if you want a BT can, we do have those in black.

:mecry: nooooOoo!!! why'd i have to miss it! that's really too bad; that would've been perfect for me... guess we all miss good things in life once in a while. ok, thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
We still have plenty of satin catch cans with a drain in stock ready to ship!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts