Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’m new to the forms and just wanted to ask a quick question. So I have a 2019 SXT and I purchased the fender flares for my challenger. I have not installed them yet because I am looking to see if I can swap my front lip from the original SXT lip to maybe a SRT lip. Is this mod possible without changing my bumper? I did even see a VZ style front chin splitter I was considering just because I don’t want the wide body look with the baby splitter on I don’t think it would look right personally nor have I seen it done.

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
81 Posts
SRT, no, you have to change the front facia etc. Rt + yes, you would need p#s 68258746AB, 68259514AC, and 68259514AC. Easiest replacement method is to pull the front fascia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found a srt front lip that is made for the sxt & rt I purchase that and it’s coming in Friday so once I have it installed I will upload some photos of it in case someone wants to see how it would look or whatever.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,624 Posts
Can be done without removing the front fascia, but it's harder

How to remove front fascia

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh nice thank you for sharing the videos. I will give it a try without removing the bumper but if it is to complicated for me and my buddy then I will just remove the whole thing and take my time.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Oh nice thank you for sharing the videos. I will give it a try without removing the bumper but if it is to complicated for me and my buddy then I will just remove the whole thing and take my time.
If there is adequate clearance to work to install the extension areas on the SRT one, you shouldn't have a problem. I changed my stock SXT for another stock SXT one when the orig. got damaged and it was a 30 minute job with the fascia on and car on the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is adequate clearance to work to install the extension areas on the SRT one, you shouldn't have a problem. I changed my stock SXT for another stock SXT one when the orig. got damaged and it was a 30 minute job with the fascia on and car on the ground.
So you are saying long as I have clearance I will be able to install it with no problem? Did you use jacks stands or you just had clearance from ground level.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
So you are saying long as I have clearance I will be able to install it with no problem? Did you use jacks stands or you just had clearance from ground level.
I did it at ground level and rotated the steering wheel either way for access to the wheel well fasteners as I did one side then the other. This was on a 2016 SXT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts