Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SXT Front Lip Swap to SRT

14K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Laurence 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I’m new to the forms and just wanted to ask a quick question. So I have a 2019 SXT and I purchased the fender flares for my challenger. I have not installed them yet because I am looking to see if I can swap my front lip from the original SXT lip to maybe a SRT lip. Is this mod possible without changing my bumper? I did even see a VZ style front chin splitter I was considering just because I don’t want the wide body look with the baby splitter on I don’t think it would look right personally nor have I seen it done.

#4 ·
Can be done without removing the front fascia, but it's harder

How to remove front fascia

A Guy

#6 ·
If there is adequate clearance to work to install the extension areas on the SRT one, you shouldn't have a problem. I changed my stock SXT for another stock SXT one when the orig. got damaged and it was a 30 minute job with the fascia on and car on the ground.

#10 ·
Reactions: Ntsweet07
#16 ·
I’m not sure if that’s all you need to order from a dealership. Here is what I have left over when I took my SP spoiler and swapped it for an OEM R/T that I purchased form a dealership. The filler piece below is large and spans a good section of the front of the lip to keep its integrity and intended purpose at high speed. That filler piece tucks inside the chin spoiler.

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t attempt to try to do this without removing the front clip. I watched some YouTube videos of guys doing it but I bet they broke a bunch of stuff. It took me only an hour to remove the clip and set it on the rug. The actual chin spoiler took longer because it’s a lot of press in stuff and I didn’t want to break parts, which is easy to do when you get frustrated. Don’t treat this as a I’ll be home at 5 pm and out cruising with the new spoiler by 7 pm. You’ll need a plastic rivet tool to get it back together and I got mine at Harbor Freight.

#17 ·
I’m not sure if that’s all you need to order from a dealership. Here is what I have left over when I took my SP spoiler and swapped it for an OEM R/T that I purchased form a dealership. The filler piece below is large and spans a good section of the front of the lip to keep its integrity and intended purpose at high speed. That filler piece tucks inside the chin spoiler.
View attachment 1027790

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t attempt to try to do this without removing the front clip. I watched some YouTube videos of guys doing it but I bet they broke a bunch of stuff. It took me only an hour to remove the clip and set it on the rug. The actual chin spoiler took longer because it’s a lot of press in stuff and I didn’t want to break parts, which is easy to do when you get frustrated. Don’t treat this as a I’ll be home at 5 pm and out cruising with the new spoiler by 7 pm. You’ll need a plastic rivet tool to get it back together and I got mine at Harbor Freight.
Why can't I find this part anywhere but Steve White or random people that have it? Is it possible to get it from the dealership? I only ask cause I can get a discount.

#19 ·
You can get the SRT splitter at any dealer, SW just makes it a kit with the two filler pieces you need as well

68258746AB Front Spoiler
68259514AC Filler Right
68259515AC Filler Left

A Guy

#22 ·
Your Scat Pack has the same covers, they go behind the air dam. The SXT and R/T don't have those parts with the small spoiler. Your spoiler is the same

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.