Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my SXT V6, I put on a cold air intake, went to a muffler shop who only really recommended to cut something on my exhaust to make it sound better, which, yes it does, but I have seen zero performance increase. In fact, my 0-60 if I go strictly buy the 0-60 on my gauge is actually slower. lol. My first day i bough the vehicle (2019 has 6k) miles. was 6.0 flat. no sport mode on, nothing. Now it is around (6.5-6.9) with the improvements. Is there anything I can do to help my 0-60 at all? I would love to just maybe help it by 1/2 a second, I know 1/2 a second is a lot, but getting it tuned seems to be the next recommended thing, but that seems to void my warranty. UGH. Any help?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
I recently purchased my SXT V6, I put on a cold air intake, went to a muffler shop who only really recommended to cut something on my exhaust to make it sound better, which, yes it does, but I have seen zero performance increase. In fact, my 0-60 if I go strictly buy the 0-60 on my gauge is actually slower. lol. My first day i bough the vehicle (2019 has 6k) miles. was 6.0 flat. no sport mode on, nothing. Now it is around (6.5-6.9) with the improvements. Is there anything I can do to help my 0-60 at all? I would love to just maybe help it by 1/2 a second, I know 1/2 a second is a lot, but getting it tuned seems to be the next recommended thing, but that seems to void my warranty. UGH. Any help?
Could it just be that the temperatures are causing a power loss? It's hot as balls here. You won't gain any performance from an intake or Catback btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I’m sure heat is part of it. I’d just like to get a 1/2 second faster 0-60. Car only has 6k miles on it. Right now my 4 cyl mustang eco I traded in is faster. Lol. New exhaust?, turning seems pointless, anything is helpful to knock off that half second

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Yea I’m sure heat is part of it. I’d just like to get a 1/2 second faster 0-60. Car only has 6k miles on it. Right now my 4 cyl mustang eco I traded in is faster. Lol. New exhaust?, turning seems pointless, anything is helpful to knock off that half second
Ecoboost is faster, challengers a lot heavier. If you're not spinning there's not much else you can do while keeping warranty to get faster other than trading up for an R/T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts