Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now I have a sxt plus v6 . I want to add a turbo kit or super charge, but would I come out HP and 1/4 mile with the rt . I work offshore . So money isnt a problem. Just list tha best option for me . The upgraded name and price . Thank you god bless

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
R/T. Because you always want to go faster.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
If you want to go really fast start with SRT. You are right. A s/c on srt = R/T hp. A sc on a R/T is a little more than a 6.4's hp. With each model you get better brakes and suspension. Both are important if you are going fast

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
You can get RT power with a supercharger on a V6 but after that there isnt much for aftermarket performance parts for the V6.

A supercharger will cost you $4500-$7000 depending on the type.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
958 Posts
Having owned an R/T and now an SXT I'd say: option C , the SRT if money isn't an issue.

The SXT is a terrific scooter and I love mine, the R/T in my mind is an odd fit in between the V6 and the SRT. Either go with a 014 SRT or wait and get the R/T in 15 with the 392. If it's speed you want you might as well start at the top and go from there.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You will have a bit more than R/T power for roughly the same or less cost with a centrifugal SC - price is less than $5k for parts. Steve White Motors is currently doing a test of adapting a roots-style supercharger designed for a 3.6L Jeep to a Challenger - very cool, however cost was something like $7k for that setup. There is a thread on here documenting it, keep an eye on it. There are also custom turbo builds floating around, and another roots-style SC I saw pop up recently. Lots of activity surrounding the 3.6L, which is very cool.

It really boils down to do you care more about having something unique like a custom forced induction V6, or care more about having something plug and play, warrantied, better resale value like a stock R/T? They're both good options. Personally, I think showing off a custom install on an atypical engine is much more interesting than a me-too stock engine, but that's me. Easiest route is obviously to go with a off-the-lot R/T or SRT, or even a 2015 R/T with the 392.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
You will have a bit more than R/T power for roughly the same or less cost with a centrifugal SC - price is less than $5k for parts. Steve White Motors is currently doing a test of adapting a roots-style supercharger designed for a 3.6L Jeep to a Challenger - very cool, however cost was something like $9k for that setup. There is a thread on here documenting it, keep an eye on it. There are also custom turbo builds floating around, and another roots-style SC I saw pop up recently. Lots of activity surrounding the 3.6L, which is very cool.

It really boils down to do you care more about having something unique like a custom forced induction V6, or care more about having something plug and play, warrantied, better resale value like a stock R/T? They're both good options. Personally, I think showing off a custom install on an atypical engine is much more interesting than a me-too stock engine, but that's me. Easiest route is obviously to go with a off-the-lot R/T or SRT, or even a 2015 R/T with the 392.
I have said this for years and been balked at over and over.
yeah you can drive off the lot with a 375HP V8 or you can cram 375HP into a V6 aftermarket.
When both owners pop their hoods you can bet I'll be checking out the modded V6.
Same goes for a blown 5.7 over a factory 392.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
What I don't get is the OP signature says he has a '13 SRT?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If money is not a problem, I would say start with a 6.4 and mod as you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts