Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I’m new here and I’ve been driving a 2018 Sxt For about 2 years now and I’m looking to trade and purchase either a 392 shaker or 392 T/A which is more enjoyable ?? And tips would help I’ve been in love with the shaker for years now but should I just go 392 T/A ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Both those options are the 6.4 and will be mostly the same aside from cosmetics.

A 5.7 r/t shaker is considerably cheaper. I’ve had both 5.7 and 6.4 engines and the 6.4 is a lot more fun. But both are great options though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Both those options are the 6.4 and will be mostly the same aside from cosmetics.

A 5.7 r/t shaker is considerably cheaper. I’ve had both 5.7 and 6.4 engines and the 6.4 is a lot more fun. But both are great options though.
Upgrading from a V6 to the 5.7 is a good option for a daily driver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m so in love with challengers man it’s such a hard decision because all the trims , but I guess it really comes down to cosmetics huh I mean how much does the shaker intake help really

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
Shaker doesn't help power at all, just buy the power you want. The 5.7L is a good engine but the 6.4L is obviously more powerful so just depends on what you want and your budget.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
331 Posts
Engine wise. They're both the same. It comes down to appearance packages. Both are great trims. Go with the one you like the best. See what you budget allows for depending on the price and options on the car.

Keep us updated. I look forward to seeing what you get

·
Premium Member
2020 R/T
47 Posts
Hello guys I’m new here and I’ve been driving a 2018 Sxt For about 2 years now and I’m looking to trade and purchase either a 392 shaker or 392 T/A which is more enjoyable ?? And tips would help I’ve been in love with the shaker for years now but should I just go 392 T/A ?
Why not both get a TA with the shaker.

·
Registered
9,978 Posts

Buy as much factory HP as you can afford.

After that, it's just icing on the cake. People's tastes vary, so pick your favorite.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
28 Posts
As someone who regularly drives a 3.6 Chally and a 5.7 Charger, I say go with the 6.4L

In terms of pure feel and driving experience, power difference between the 3.6 and the 5.7 is not that astronomical. You will feel a much larger upgrade with 392 cubic inches of displacement.

Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Engine wise. They're both the same. It comes down to appearance packages. Both are great trims. Go with the one you like the best. See what you budget allows for depending on the price and options on the car.

Keep us updated. I look forward to seeing what

Keep us updated. I look forward to seeing what you get
Will do , I’m out of town working but I get home in 9 days with about 13,000 for down payment to work with and my car trade in so it should be nice I’ll post pics soon .

By the way this is my car right now , it was painted by my uncle .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts