Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
Never say never........Demon's are oiled. Found this on the web.
Yeah you right, amazing!

It probably breathes a little better but how many guys are going to clean and oil that filter properly? And Dodge is picking up the engine warranty for 5 years. Wouldn't be me. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
what oil do I put in my car what fuel do I used, judas priest take 10 seconds and look in the owners manual, instead you probably waste 20mins cruising the internet while at your kids soccer game.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what oil do I put in my car what fuel do I used, judas priest take 10 seconds and look in the owners manual, instead you probably waste 20mins cruising the internet while at your kids soccer game.
as I stated before the manual does not specify anything about the Cai filter on the t/a 392

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
as I stated before the manual does not specify anything about the Cai filter on the t/a 392
Here's the write up for the Mopar CAI filter that's used on Shaker models:
[printed the paged from digital version of owners' manual]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked in my book it says nothing. Has anyone found a part number for a replacement filter and figured out whether to oil or not after cleaning? The t/a kit u buy u oil not talking about that I’m wondering about stock t/a 392 air filter ? thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I looked in my book it says nothing. Has anyone found a part number for a replacement filter and figured out whether to oil or not after cleaning? The t/a kit u buy u oil not talking about that I’m wondering about stock t/a 392 air filter ? thank you in advance
Part number and cleaning instructions are on page 1 of this thread. Post #2 and 9. Do NOT use any oil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The T/A filter is not oiled. you clean it with soap and water. The P/N is 68322213AA I just ordered one from Steve White Motors in NC as a spare for when I clean mine and it is the correct TA filter. List price $121, their price $86.46.

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
the Mopar T/A filter and Shaker filters are the similar design (the PCV fresh inlet is different orientation between the two) and that Mopar blue color element is a dry filter "no oiling".

The newer style Hellcat filters that are red color media - not sure about those if dry or oiled.

But for certain the T/A / Shaker versions are not oiled

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
The Demon filter was red and supposed to be oiled, not sure about the 19 Hellcat and Redeye.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
The Demon filter was red and supposed to be oiled, not sure about the 19 Hellcat and Redeye.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I see the Demon models every now and then - it looks pretty similar to the '19 'Cat setup (as well as the Redeye)

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,209 Posts
Part number and cleaning instructions are on page 1 of this thread. Post #2 and 9. Do NOT use any oil.
But it is soooooo much fun to simply skim a thread, then post like a bull in a China Shoppe.

Gotta go get my owners manual and see what it says. :nerd:

·
Registered
865 Posts
So after reading all of this, it's as clear as mud to me. My 2016 Shaker Scat Pack filter can be washed in water - check. Measure the length of the filter - check. Fill a bucket with mild soapy water - check. Submerge the filter in the bucket of water, but don't let the outside of the filter water (the dirty water) get into the inside of the filter - not check. And just HOW are you supposed to do this? (is one end of the filter blocked???).

OK, so how do you rinse the dirt & fuzzies off the outside of the filter? Do you blast clean water through from the inside of the filter to blast dirt & fuzzies outward - or does that not work? This sounds just as easy as cleaning the blue filter of my shop vac - the filter that is meant to be washed, but falls apart when you get it wet because it's PAPER. I revert back to the early 80's & the K&N filter I bought for my Charger.................

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts
Yes, one end of the filter is blocked. That is the end you sit on the bottom of the bucket. You just don't want dirty water coming over the top, open end and into the center. Water will of course get inside through the filter, but that is...wait for it...filtered water :) The dirt is on the outside still. Yes, washing from the inside with clean water will then flow any dirt still stuck to the outside off the outside of the filter.

A Guy

Reactions: BilletTA392

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
So after reading all of this, it's as clear as mud to me. My 2016 Shaker Scat Pack filter can be washed in water - check. Measure the length of the filter - check. Fill a bucket with mild soapy water - check. Submerge the filter in the bucket of water, but don't let the outside of the filter water (the dirty water) get into the inside of the filter - not check. And just HOW are you supposed to do this? (is one end of the filter blocked???).

OK, so how do you rinse the dirt & fuzzies off the outside of the filter? Do you blast clean water through from the inside of the filter to blast dirt & fuzzies outward - or does that not work? This sounds just as easy as cleaning the blue filter of my shop vac - the filter that is meant to be washed, but falls apart when you get it wet because it's PAPER. I revert back to the early 80's & the K&N filter I bought for my Charger.................
the steps work - I did two wash steps and when it was time to rinse it - water was clean and let the filter air dry overnight. All good to go.

That water was black with all the dirt that came out of it

Reactions: rickytan
21 - 40 of 49 Posts