Dodge Challenger Forum banner

T/A 5.7L Engine Hood Venting System

8524 Views 32 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Kruzin
Another post, again. Some better news. If you want it, better get it. I've read some people have waited for years. Cheers! Link Below.

09 14 Dodge Challenger T A Hood Vented Venting System Cold Air Functional Mopar | eBay
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2013 R/T with the factory scoop.

To make this work, one needs to buy a Mopar CAI, true?
Does the scoop vent do anything for performance or make it sound better? Or is it more of a philosophical thing in that the scoop is no longer an ornament?

· Premium Member
2,560 Posts
It will fit a 2014 model (the T/A hood has been the same since day1).....BUT.....they say you need to use it with an earlier model CAI and coolant bottle....(air box and coolant bottle where changed in '11)
I plan to find a way to make it work without the other parts, and a little fab work...we'll see how it goes when it gets here next week...

· Premium Member
2,560 Posts
So, my kit arrived today. As usual, the fed-ex guys mistook the box for a trampoline somewhere along the line.....but the contents where all in-tact.

Thanks Josh and the folks at A Steve White's. Very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to buy from them again :)

And now I think I see the problem with this kit fitting newer models....
The newer CAI is larger, so the outlet of the duct is not even close to a direct match with the air box...not a big deal to me....it will still be ducting in fresh air to the filter.
But I think the real issue will be the coolant tank cap...looks like it's in the way (see pic).....still not a big deal. A little heat and the duct will bend ;)
I'm going to do a little trim paint before installing...will update as it goes...

On a side note....this is nothing against Steve White's, but Mopar....
This kit is entirely too expensive for what you get. 5 bills for 2 pieces of plastic and a few connectors. Whoever Mopar is getting them from (parts guys know 'vendor direct' parts) can't possibly be spending more than 20 or 30 bux in manufacturing....

Attachments

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it should have come with the car, or a one-time discount with a registered VIN. I don't think the design could have taken the time to justify the cost. The water-routing management is pretty simple and ingenious, though.

· Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I started mocking it up to figure out where I need to mod things.
The coolant tank may not be in the way.....for sure the air box is too tall. I put a little rubbing compound on the seal to mark where it interferes with the duct. (see pic)
I either need to form the duct with some heat, or trim down the air box......hmmmmm...

Attachments

· Registered
1,770 Posts
Does it have any baffles in it to trap rain water?

Also, I agree with Carlitos, trim the air box.

· Registered
1,770 Posts
Perhaps add foam to the hood ducting to seal to the box.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.