Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for just the pipe going from throttle body to air filter as the T/A already has the box and open element filter. I don't want to buy a $400 intake kit just to use the pipe. Think MOPAR would have thought of this for this application and allow you to just purchase the pipe. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have been looking for just the pipe going from throttle body to air filter as the T/A already has the box and open element filter. I don't want to buy a $400 intake kit just to use the pipe. Think MOPAR would have thought of this for this application and allow you to just purchase the pipe. Any suggestions?
HPS silicone tube. Love that stuff. Comes in a variety of shapes and sizes but color is limited. Just a thought

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know what you find out! Maybe something from the past will fit. I like everything as is except for that tube.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
for 5.7 Hemi T/A's or Shakers only
Luke

·
Registered
24 Posts
Luke, Is there a Plastic option? The metal holds more heat. Or so that is the theory LOL!!! And you can get a whole cold air almost for that price. I understand you have to pay to get what you want sometimes but that is why I ask if there is another version that might me Plastic or some Poly material.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Luke, Is there a Plastic option? The metal holds more heat. Or so that is the theory LOL!!! And you can get a whole cold air almost for that price. I understand you have to pay to get what you want sometimes but that is why I ask if there is another version that might me Plastic or some Poly material.
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-air-inlet-duct-4861940ac

PS, people are spending way too much time and efforts on air temp, unless your chasing 10 more horsepower on a 900hps engine and racing Nascar, your wasting your time, concentrate on something that really matters, like better handling, weight reduction, brakes.....>:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Luke, Thanks! And I get your point LOL!! The first one does look much better! But the price on the second one is much more attractive! Am I to understand the second link you put up it the inlet tube for a stock setup on a 2015-18 Chrysler 300??

I got the brembo package and performance handling group so I will have to focus next on weight reduction I guess. I actually really love the car the way it is. My first one was a 2010 model and the new one is a 2018 T/A that I just picked up a few days ago!! Very Happy So Far!!!

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Luke, Thanks! And I get your point LOL!! The first one does look much better! But the price on the second one is much more attractive! Am I to understand the second link you put up it the inlet tube for a stock setup on a 2015-18 Chrysler 300??

I got the brembo package and performance handling group so I will have to focus next on weight reduction I guess. I actually really love the car the way it is. My first one was a 2010 model and the new one is a 2018 T/A that I just picked up a few days ago!! Very Happy So Far!!!
actually from the Charger
Luke

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
What advantage does the pipe offer versus stock? Any potential for power increase or more to dress things up a bit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What advantage does the pipe offer versus stock? Any potential for power increase or more to dress things up a bit?

I am sure someone way smarter than me will give a better answer but the Mopar tube first suggested would allow a much smoother airflow, so less turbulence, the second one should have similar results but this amounts to probably nothing power wise that you can feel. Maybe some efficiency improvement with the air flow but once again if there are actually any gains they will be so small you will not really feel it. One thing I think it does do is remove the stock baffle which usually results a little more sound from your intake and sometimes exhaust. And yes I think it cleans things up under the hood some. Probably a personal preference thing also.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Mostly cosmetic, I'm sure a debate will ensue however performance gains are so negligible, most likely not existent, really for appearances

the metal Mopar tube is much prettier and if your trying to win car shows, or impress the crowd, the way to go, the factory one with the muffler or resonator mounted to the side is probably for sound quality, basically a muffler,

Luke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts