Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one before the holidays posted pics and video of their new install of a functional TA hood on a black Challenger ... he lives near the place that makes them ...I thought I saved it but I cant find it .... does any one remember .. I want to order one in Carbon Fiber ... any info would be great .. I beleive they had 3 initials for the company name!:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I don't believe anybody makes the T/A hood in carbon fiber, I have looked at Cervinis, TruCarbon, and CBD(Carbon By Design) and haven't found any yet in carbon.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
386 Posts
I'm looking hard into these T/A hoods to make my Furious Fuchsia like a '70's T/A. Fiberglass hoods are heavier than the stock so that's why I've also looked into G5's partial carbon. Still waiting to hear back from them on the weight of it and if they an air routing kit for it yet.

Go to G5's webpage, vipercarparts.com/g5, and click "I'll Take One!" for any part to go to their webstore. There you'll see their partial-carbon fiber T/A hood. The midsection with the scoop is fiberglass while the outer 16 inches are carbon fiber.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was a member here who has one in fiberglass and said they make it in CF and if memory serves me correct you can change the scoop on it ...

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
G5 Limited has a functional T/A hood. It is manufactured out of fiberglass and they also offer a carbon fiber version.

www.g5challenger.com

Pictures of the hood on my DY Challenger:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks great american but 70Ta hit the nail on the head ... thats the hood i want.. thanks 70TA

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
thanks great american but 70Ta hit the nail on the head ... thats the hood i want.. thanks 70TA
your welcome just be patient with Steve the owner he is pretty much a 1 man operation if you have questions try and track down notsure. I did see the hood and the workmanship was very good it is heavier than the stock hood it will take 2 people to lift it and get it in place.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
386 Posts
That's exactly what I've been looking for. We know the G5 is functional, but is it just dumping cool air in the engine bay or ramming it into the air intake?

If it is a functioning Ram Air:
- is the routing integral
- if not integral, of what material is the ductwork
- what kind of intake/box is the air output compatible with

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the underside of your hood?

Thanks
Jack

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Thanks for the picture. Are the hood grills open? How much custom fab did you have to do? It looks Great.

Jack
No custom fabrication was required. Other than some pre-paint prep work and paint the hood as you see it is as pulled out of the shipping crate.

The grills are open. See photo below.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
70TA ... doesnt AFR make it in CF also ... im going to call there tmrw

·
Registered
154 Posts
are those real hood pins? or fake? they look real, and good to.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's exactly what I've been looking for. We know the G5 is functional, but is it just dumping cool air in the engine bay or ramming it into the air intake?

If it is a functioning Ram Air:
- is the routing integral
- if not integral, of what material is the ductwork
- what kind of intake/box is the air output compatible with
These T/A Hoods don't do have any "Ram Air" effect. If they do anything they pull air OUT of the air box. Just like the R/T hoods and Shaker hoods. The T/A hood scoop does not get high enough to get above the boundary layer of air that is on the surface of the hood. It can't get into the fast moving air above it. Ever wonder why all those drag cars have scoops 2' tall?

Here is a picture on a caliber and video of the NASCAR race Challenger to show what I mean.

YouTube - New Dodge Challenger R/T NASCAR Nationwide Series car

1 - 20 of 26 Posts