Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking of what to do with my Mopar Bucks. Most of the parts available for 2011 do not interest me.

I got to thinking about the T/A hood and what it would look like on the IE with stripes. These are the closest pics I could find...picture the stripes covering the nose as well. What do you guys think?

Also the Mopar Accessory Hood's P/N is 82211665AC, the same as the Mopar 10 Hood, 82211665AC. So does that mean Mopar now sells the "functional" hood (with the cut outs)?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I like the T/A Hood; however, I also like the retro USA chrome bumpers and moldings and everybody has told me that is a big no go. I say you got it, do what appeals to you!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Would definitely look cool. You might have a hard time finding matching stripes though, idk how closer Ridergraphix's stripes look to the Ground Effects stripes...
The Mopar hood is not sold functionally though. If you look the hood is listed as an external feature while the venting system for the hood is listed as a performance feature. Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger R/T

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would definitely look cool. You might have a hard time finding matching stripes though, idk how closer Ridergraphix's stripes look to the Ground Effects stripes...
The Mopar hood is not sold functionally though. If you look the hood is listed as an external feature while the venting system for the hood is listed as a performance feature. Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger R/T
I'm not entirely sure on that. The old non-functioning hood was p/n 82211665AB

The new hood with the holes in it that's on the Mopar 10 is 82211665AC the same as listed on the 2011 Parts list. The underneath part is for ducting directly to the CAI but you can still get cold air into the engine bay (or vent hot air without it).

Edit did a forum search the AC is the same as the Mopar 10 hood. AB is the old non-functioning hood.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/any-kits-make-ta-scoop-functional-47548/index3.html#post721094

I'm sure somewhere out there is a p/n for the factory white stripes. I could just order a set and kit bash what I need to cover the hood since there's overlap with the scoop.

BTW you can view all the p/n of Mopar 10 parts you can buy separately here so if I chose at a later day to add the under hood ducting (if I add a CAI later). :thumbsup:

http://www.mopar.com/pri2010/pdf/mopar_m10.pdf

·
Registered
653 Posts
So we can get those parts numbers, walk into the dealer with them, and pretty much order ANY Mopar '10 part we want?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i was hoping the IE was going to come with that hood stock(and 10+ more HP), so of course i think it would be a great idea

is it worth $2,000...id assume thats the min. it would cost for the whole thing...maybe more

the problem with the $500 mopar bucks is it isnt enough to get anything special...everything in that range is just boring

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So we can get those parts numbers, walk into the dealer with them, and pretty much order ANY Mopar '10 part we want?
Pretty much anything on the lsit that doesn't have a "N/A". The Mopar 10 is a really cool car and if I could afford 2 Challengers it would be my other one but from a company standpoint I think the mail purpose of the car was to market Mopar Acessories in a really cool way. Nearly all of the part (minus badging, shock tower covers, and seats) were already available through the Mopar accessories catalog.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still undecided. I love the hood but I'm not 100% how I like it with the stripes + hood. Rider Graphix can do custom stripes and colors if their IE stripes don't match up 100%.

The hood MSRPs for $13XX.00 but I just got $2700 from my Camaro I could use. Worst case I can get the hood and store it until I'm ready.

I'm guessing:
$1300 hood
$100-150 stripes
$400-500 prep and painting

Then down the road add a CAI and buy the under hood ducting for the scoop.

Now if I could only decide if I like the striped scoop. argh! :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Mr Norms has a super stock hood for the Challenger. Fully functional for cooling the engine (I know, sorry excuse for funcltional)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I buy any other hood than using my Mopar Bucks for it I'll probably buy the SMS butterfly hood. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts