Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 6 months it finally happened. Got a rock chip on my hood. Anyone have any recommendations on how to touch it up?

I looked into getting Xpel Stealth for this reason but the 3 shops i went to all turned me away, they said the hood was too rough and there would be air bubbles and wouldn't look right.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I heard that once you get a scratch or chip your SOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flat black model paint and a FINE brush. Fill in the crater. Perfect? No. But close. It will leave a slight scare. If perfect is what you want, buy a new hood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sucks man. I had a tiny one already myself. A little black sharpie helps hide it somewhat, at least the red doesn’t show through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, It doesn't have to be perfect. Searching online it looks like Dodges Paint Code for Matte Black is RXF. Anyone have experience with Dr. Colorchip or Paintscratch.com? Was thinking of applying some Matte Jet Seal wax to the surrounding area, picking it out of the chip and applying paint to fill the crater without worrying about it getting on the rest of the hood.

https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks guys, It doesn't have to be perfect. Searching online it looks like Dodges Paint Code for Matte Black is RXF. Anyone have experience with Dr. Colorchip or Paintscratch.com? Was thinking of applying some Matte Jet Seal wax to the surrounding area, picking it out of the chip and applying paint to fill the crater without worrying about it getting on the rest of the hood.

https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi
Mopar has a touch up paint tube in RXF for Jeep. I bought mine via Steve White and used the "blending solution" from Dr. Colorchip on my shaker scoop. It's not a perfect match, probably due to some fading, but unless you're 6 inches away you don't notice it. Hopefully with time it will fade a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts