Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking to see if anyone has purchased an AmeriHood T/A aftermarket hood and if there were any issues. I have a 2020 T/A and looking for that old school look if anyone has anything good or bad to say about these hoods please let me know.

Thanks
PRO-GTS

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have one.got from a friend who changed his mind and i got it a bit cheaper.i bought the grills for the scoop also that i found on eBay.hood has no accommodations for mounting the windshield squirter hoses.there are indentations in hood for them but i filled them and get by with no squirters.fit was ok but I've had glass hoods on other cars that fit way better.the scoop did have spider web cracks in a few places that had to be worked.i used ss studs and nuts instead of provided bolts to mount scoop which makes it easier to install in my opinion.i could have spent more time blocking and working hood to make it better but i went satin black. if i went with gloss anything it would require work.i scuffed with 220 and applied 2 coats of epoxy primer and it sat for a few weeks before i got around to painting it.typical things to install a hood like adjusting hinges and front adjusters to get it acceptable.i did hood pins along with blackout vinyl extension on front cover like the new t/a's which i think completes the look.i painted rear spoiler satin black and added t/a stripes with no t/a callout also, along with louvers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts