Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T/A hood vent system is finally here! Hopefully it works so i can stop saying "no, it isn't functional..." Here's a few pics, more later after I get it installed.

Thanks!
Scott

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Scott, Let us know how this venting system works out for you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's some install pics. So far everything has fit perfectly, though I did decide to replace the foam between the two pieces with double sided tape. I will finish up everything tomorrow and post some more pics. So far the only issue has been 2 Right grills and NO Left grill, but the dealer is taking care of it for me so no worries.

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Glad to see it actually fits on the TA hood. I was worried about that. I may have to go buy one now. Can you tell any difference after the install? or is it negligible?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Glad to see it actually fits on the TA hood. I was worried about that. I may have to go buy one now. Can you tell any difference after the install? or is it negligible?
It fits the standard T/A hood fine, but as you can see from the pics it's not "plug & play" on the early style hoods. From looking at the instructions, I'd guess the newer hoods are ready to accept this venting system with no drilling or cutting. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but to me I'll just be glad to say "yes, it's functional" when asked. I doubt it will make a huge difference, but I'm sure it will help send some cooler air into the intake.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I understand, I made the cuts to my hood (very similar to yours, but with a different saw-mine went all the way back to a point) before i installed the scoop to start with, knowing i'd make it functional somehow. The arm itself is the hard part in my fabrication, still working on a solution. The mopar box looks more built to fit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That looks clean. The only thing I would be worried about is the plastic rivets holding the baffle in place. They are decently strong but I heard of one of those T/A scoops being torn off the hood that wasn't functional.

Edit: I see you added double sided tape for precaution.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the pics of us installing the tube:

Here you can see how nicely it lines up with my CAI:

I'll post the final pics once I get the correct vents for the scoop (the box came with 2 Rights and NO Left).

Thanks!
Scott

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Scott, Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This has to be one if not the most exciting threads to me that Ive yet to see!

I really thought id be waiting alot longer to finally make my hood functional with a factory part and not something I had to make myself. Sooooo glad to see this works.
I will buying this kit very very soon.
Do you happen to have the part # for the kit and how much you paid? I know I saved the part # a while back but at the moment, I cant seem to locate it.
Thanks again for posting the pics. I cant wait to finally make my hood functional and beam with pride in saying YES it is FUNCTIONAL! the next time someone asks!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This has to be one if not the most exciting threads to me that Ive yet to see!

I really thought id be waiting alot longer to finally make my hood functional with a factory part and not something I had to make myself. Sooooo glad to see this works.
I will buying this kit very very soon.
Do you happen to have the part # for the kit and how much you paid? I know I saved the part # a while back but at the moment, I cant seem to locate it.
Thanks again for posting the pics. I cant wait to finally make my hood functional and beam with pride in saying YES it is FUNCTIONAL! the next time someone asks!!
I'm right there with you, I thought I'd be waiting a lot longer too. I was shocked Friday when the dealer called me and said it had came in. The Part Number is: 82212435 and lists for around $500.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great job on this thread and your hood. So, the Mopar '10 is the only Challenger with a functional T/A Mopar Hood Scoop from the factory? The Mopar Exterior Package on a regular R/T isn't?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They are decently strong but I heard of one of those T/A scoops being torn off the hood that wasn't functional.
It turned out that the people that installed the hood did not use the stick on gasket correctly under the scoop, plus his was not cut out to make it functional so any incoming air would just push up under the scoop. I've had mine close to the same speed his came off at and had no problems.

The mopar exterior appearance package is a non functional hood.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Well done, I would have a hard time putting that hole through my hood. Doing it right the first time is a must!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the part & price info. I cant wait to to do this. I think we also might look into having those plastic pieces painted (along with the underside of my hood), to match my paint...( more shiny etc lol)

As I showed my husband the pictures you posted, it was funny to see his reaction to be nearly indentical to mine when I scrolled up and showed him the one that shows you drilling that first hole! He grabbed his heart & sighed! lol My god, im going to need some drugs or something before I could make that first cut! Were you nervous?

I noticed in the one picture, it shows all the metal shavings on the car from cutting it. Were you not worried about these little shavings, sliding, blowing..etc..across the hood and scratching it? You are one brave man lol Braver than me!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great job on this thread and your hood. So, the Mopar '10 is the only Challenger with a functional T/A Mopar Hood Scoop from the factory? The Mopar Exterior Package on a regular R/T isn't?
I'm just guessing since all the 2011 cars I've seen so far with the T/A hood installed at the factory haven't been functional, and you need a CAI for the hood vent kit to work properly. I think the holes are already in the updated version of the T/A hood to accept the vent kit, but I don't think it's included from the factory. Again, just my best guess based on the instructions.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts