Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I've been waiting for a little bit to post here. I first bought my 2017 Challenger T/A about a month ago, then somebody promptly hit me :crying:. But now, let the good times roll, because my car is fixed and I'm back!! I now feel complete! I added an SRT air dam after the accident. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area. Looks like they did a good job ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I hope you went for diminished value. On a new car the insurance owes you several thousand dollars.

Highest DV payout I have seen is $11,000.

If you haven't went after DV it's not too late.
I never heard of a Diminished Value claim. Had to Google it. Makes sense. Doesn't help me, though. I clobbered a deer at 60MPH and did over $7K worth of damage to the front-end. Body shop made it good as new, but I figured that if I ever try to sell or trade it, I'd take a hit on the value. For this reason, I'll probably drive it until the wheels fall off....or something fails that's too expensive to fix.

For this brand-new T/A that someone else hit, sure would be nice to be compensated for lost value. If you do this, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I never heard of a Diminished Value claim. Had to Google it. Makes sense. Doesn't help me, though. I clobbered a deer at 60MPH and did over $7K worth of damage to the front-end. Body shop made it good as new, but I figured that if I ever try to sell or trade it, I'd take a hit on the value. For this reason, I'll probably drive it until the wheels fall off....or something fails that's too expensive to fix.

For this brand-new T/A that someone else hit, sure would be nice to be compensated for lost value. If you do this, let us know how it turns out.
What do you mean it doesn't help you? It doesn't matter that you hit a deer or that your car was repaired. You pay for insurance to protect you from a loss.

You had 2 losses. The damage, and the loss in value because the car has been repaired and has an accident history.

But if you don't want a couple thousand dollars handed to you for doing nothing, that's your choice.

BTW. I'm a Professional in this area.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts