Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

thinking of upgrading the stock Air box with the T/A intake kit. See link from Steve white. would there be an issue installing this on a 2020 Challenger RT? The issue that I think of is heat since I the single scoop in the hood is probably to vent the engine heat out. Thoughts?

·
Banned
429 Posts
Hey Everyone!

thinking of upgrading the stock Air box with the T/A intake kit. See link from Steve white. would there be an issue installing this on a 2020 Challenger RT? The issue that I think of is heat since I the single scoop in the hood is probably to vent the engine heat out. Thoughts?

You should be good, you have the single center scoop style as the TA and SRT 392. That Intake system was made for that hood that you have so your good, your center scoop is not a heat extractor is not to vent the heat out, it’s a ram air vent so it’s perfect for that Intake set up

The pic on steve white site is a RT 5.7L with your hood

This is the kit
View attachment 1000324

The top piece will be installed on the Actual hood vent to bring air to the air box
View attachment 1000325

I tried to install it on my Scat Pack but I had to cover a heat extractors and I had to do a slight modification on the top lid in order to seal I just returned it and did a top and bottom SRT air box set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Same exact hood as T/A

A Guy

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I put one on my SRT392 with no heat issues. I did also remove the plug inside the passenger side light to throw a little more air in there.

One thing I noticed though. I previously had a K&N Typhoon C/A installed and the intake temps. were no different with that one and the T/A intake.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
874 Posts
I did the same thing that @MiHiHemi did ... opened up the passenger side tube on my 2015 SRT 392 to let a little extra fresh air into the engine compartment to offset the loss of what might have been cooling air coming from the previously un-ducted middle hood scoop.

Even in North Florida Summer heat, my Intake Air Temps run 5 - 7 degrees above ambient out on the highway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts