Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Getting ready to order a new Challenger. I've decided on a 6-speed. I've decided to avoid the Widebody, and array of stone/rock chips.

Love the look of the Shaker (Color TBD), but also love the old school T/A look in White or Gold Rush.

Curious if anyone has any opinions. I realize this is my car, but I am looking for any suggestions or any good or bad things I should be aware of.

Thank you!!!

JOHN

·
Registered
493 Posts
I vote for shaker. :)

Reactions: johnnyg

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Getting ready to order a new Challenger.
I've decided on a 6 speed
I've decided to avoid the Widebody, and array of stone/rock chips

Love the look of the Shaker (Color TBD), but also love the old school TA look in White or Gold Rush.

Curious if anyone has any opinions, and I realize this is my car, but I am looking for any suggestions or any good or bad things I should be aware of.

Thank you!!!

JOHN
An important advantage to the Shaker to me, (I didn't know this until after I ordered mine). All Shakers get a clear coated engine compartment and under hood (not to mention the "SHAKER" under hood decal). To my knowledge no other model gets this treatment. When I raised the hood of my Shaker in Indigo Blue for the first time, the shine took my breath away!
Yes, you have to clean it but I grin every time I do! :D

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a T/A for a while and it's super cool.
The car I have coming soon is a shaker though.

I'd vote shaker though as they seem less common. You can get the T/A hood on lower models, it's just not matte black. You can always get a white shaker and have the hood wrapped matte black and put any graphics you want on it. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am partial to the T/A and that's what I would get if I were in your shoes but the Shaker is a great choice. Personally if I were to get a T/A I would change the hood to an aftermarket old style T/A hood. Probably going that route on my R/T

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
An important advantage to the Shaker to me, (I didn't know this until after I ordered mine). All Shakers get a clear coated engine compartment and under hood (not to mention the "SHAKER" under hood decal). To my knowledge no other model gets this treatment. When I raised the hood of my Shaker in Indigo Blue for the first time, the shine took my breath away!
Yes, you have to clean it but I grin every time I do! :D
This guy knows it.........and you see it all the time when you're driving.

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
An important advantage to the Shaker to me, (I didn't know this until after I ordered mine). All Shakers get a clear coated engine compartment and under hood (not to mention the "SHAKER" under hood decal). To my knowledge no other model gets this treatment.
Hellcat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
885 Posts
Shaker. Hard enough to keep the pitch black clean with the well water I have to deal with. Can't imagine having to try to keep the spots off the satin finish on hood roof and trunk. However I have been tempted. Have thought about adding a shaker to mine, maybe at some point. Have a 30 ford to build first. I am sure you will be happy with either one you choose. Good luck 👍

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
X3. To me, the T/A has the most throwback look of all the modern muscle/pony cars. I knew it was the one the moment I saw it. That being said, the Shaker is 2nd on that list for me. Can't go wrong either way.
Throwback, nostalgia, whatever ya want to call it......I agree.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts