Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some threads discussing removing the T/A roof/ trunk wrap, but curious to see if anyone has actually done it. Principally worried about paint removal while taking off the wrap. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Naw! Just covered them and the hood with xpel stealth. Now I can wash it without having to fiddle-f*%k around with three different surfaces and the side decals. Been wanting to rip those side decals off though, but someone always convinces me otherwise.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've seen some threads discussing removing the T/A roof/ trunk wrap, but curious to see if anyone has actually done it. Principally worried about paint removal while taking off the wrap. Thanks.
Don't know of anyone around my neighborhood that's done this. I recommend a reputable body shop to ask or find one that is FCA certified. They should know.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Naw! Just covered them and the hood with xpel stealth. Now I can wash it without having to fiddle-f*%k around with three different surfaces and the side decals. Been wanting to rip those side decals off though, but someone always convinces me otherwise.

Smart!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why would anyone want to ruin a T/A by removing the wrap? Then it would be like every other plain Challenger.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Personally if I were to remove the wrap I would have the roof and trunk painted with the Hellcat Satin. I guess I just like to fiddle f#$k around. :wink3:

Idoono

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2018 T/A trunk lid got scratched. I took it to body shop, they said Dodge uses some type of proprietary wrap that the could not match. Called Dodge, parts dept could not find the part for the trunk lid wrap (decal?). Does anyone know the part number so I can order exact replacement?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Why would anyone want to ruin a T/A by removing the wrap? Then it would be like every other plain Challenger.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It's an appearance package pretty much. I think it looks sharp with the black panels and the side stripes...now you want to remove it all? Oh well it's your car...to each his own. All those items though are what make the T/A stand out over the more regular or mundane Challengers like mine lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would prefer to replace the trunk lid wrap, but it needs to match the roof. I asked a shop that does wraps, they said they don't think Dodge just uses 3-M Satin wrap, he said they have some propitiatory stuff. When I call Dodge they act like they don't know what I am talking about. So, does anyone know what Dodge actually uses, or a part number? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
Not sure if there are available part#s as they do this at the upfitters. Not sure if @hunttriumph1500
knows if they are available as parts?

A Guy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
77 Posts
I would prefer to replace the trunk lid wrap, but it needs to match the roof. I asked a shop that does wraps, they said they don't think Dodge just uses 3-M Satin wrap, he said they have some propitiatory stuff. When I call Dodge they act like they don't know what I am talking about. So, does anyone know what Dodge actually uses, or a part number? Any help would be appreciated.
There is an actual part # for the wrap and it like all the other parts that make a T/A are a PITA to get. My roof wrap had to be replaced as it had a flaw from the factory. Parts dept could not find it. They ended up calling dodge with my VIN who told them where to look in the system for the part number. It's there, just need to know where to look. Oh and as far as the replacement goes it's perfect. Been 2 yrs and still like new. No issues.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Not sure if there are available part#s as they do this at the upfitters. Not sure if @hunttriumph1500
knows if they are available as parts?

A Guy
He posted this a couple years back.

This is the nose piece decal so somebody could order this then use it to match up some aftermarket vinyl.

Edit: Ok, dont know why pic won't post, the part number is 68304534AB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
Yes, I know he posted about a piece, that's why I wondered if he knew if there were part numbers for the roof and trunk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is an actual part # for the wrap and it like all the other parts that make a T/A are a PITA to get. My roof wrap had to be replaced as it had a flaw from the factory. Parts dept could not find it. They ended up calling dodge with my VIN who told them where to look in the system for the part number. It's there, just need to know where to look. Oh and as far as the replacement goes it's perfect. Been 2 yrs and still like new. No issues.

Thank you for the reply. I called the parts department and they were clueless. Would you happen to still have the part number? I need my trunk wrap replaced, but maybe they can find it if they have the part number for the roof wrap. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
Might be numbers 4 and 5 here

Thanks to Slidd for the part# posted before for the front fill piece , # 2 on the list. No correct pictures I could find, unless the front fascia fill piece decal is this, lol

Part# 68304534AB Decal ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
77 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I called the parts department and they were clueless. Would you happen to still have the part number? I need my trunk wrap replaced, but maybe they can find it if they have the part number for the roof wrap. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I have to goto the dealer tomorrow so I'll ask my service rep or parts if they can get it for me. Let ya know what I find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to goto the dealer tomorrow so I'll ask my service rep or parts if they can get it for me. Let ya know what I find out.
My local parts guy finally found it. I will post it here for future reference since I am sure it will come up again.

Flat black satin Decklid wrap/decal is part # 68358237AB ($194), Roof wrap/decal part # 68304218AB ($259).

Thanks to everyone for their help, what a pain...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
Cool, so it was the parts on that link I posted ;) BTW, you can find them cheaper elsewhere, not sure shipping might be a killer though

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local parts guy finally found it. I will post it here for future reference since I am sure it will come up again.

Flat black satin Decklid wrap/decal is part # 68358237AB ($194), Roof wrap/decal part # 68304218AB ($259).

Thanks to everyone for their help, what a pain...
Any chance u know the part number for the hood wrap?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts