Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just test drove a new T/A 6M.

Interestingly, it felt quicker than my 6M SPS. I also appreciated the ease of shifting stock shifter vs. my Barton, and the T/A did not fight me with skip shift like my SPS does. While driving, I put the T/A in sport, and without changing and the car felt more responsive. That never happens in my SPS either.

Odd how two of essentially the same cars can be noticeably different. I wish my SPS drove as well as that T/A.

Note: I have American Racing TTM's on my car. They probably weigh 2-3lbs more ea than the stock T/A wheels, but that should not be noticeable.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Try pulling fuse 31, replace fuse then drive and see you it feels better!

·
Registered
352 Posts
2-3 lbs per wheel is significant enough, it's rotational weight and will make a difference in feel/lightness.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What does fuse 31 controll? What effect does pulling it and replacing it have on the car?
That is the fuse for the adaptive memory. The computer in the car adapts based on the driver's habits and pulling the fuse resets it. Some or even many think it improves the cars performance resetting it although it is still under debate.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Interesting...my '16 SPS is noticeably different in response when in Sport mode...

When I'm driving in-town, slower traffic, I'll switch Sport out, since the throttle is much more sensitive (M6).

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
When I first bought my 2006 Daytona, I put aftermarket wheels on it. They were steel wheels and were heavy. I didn't like them and swapped them out for different wheels, which were also lighter. The difference in performance was very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Interesting...my '16 SPS is noticeably different in response when in Sport mode...

When I'm driving , slower traffic, I'll switch Sport out, since the throttle is much more sensitive (M6).
My '16 SP is also very different in sport mode. There's no comparison with the throttle response or the exhaust sound.
I do the opposite of you when I drive downtown, though. I always turn on sport mode, if it's not already on. The exhaust is so much louder at the low speeds and I like to hear it.
I also like for everybody else to hear it! (show-off mode)>:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cars really seem to vary car to car. I can rent on RT that just rips and the next one seems like it neutered. I may pull fuse 31 on my next rental and see if it improves. On my SRT I notice the quicker throttle response and louder exhaust on Track. Sport exhaust seems the same put the throttle response is between street and track with sport mod on the SRT.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Like "redvettx2" above says, it might just vary car to car. When I test drove a 2016 M6 SPS at one dealer, I loved it. (Needless to say the damn dealer kept trying to corral me back to the lot, so it wasn't an extensive test drive.) Keeping those Scat Pack memories with me when I test drove the 2017 T/A that I bought, I expected the same. But, as the OP states, it seems like a much better drive. Don't know why because they are basically the same car. Well, except for brakes, wheels, tires and CAI. Not the only reason I bought the T/A. Almost every new Challenger I see around my area is an SXT or some sort of Shaker. Everybody wants one, and I'm kinda tired of looking at them...if it came to owning one. I still think they look awesome. Maybe some of you Scat Pack owners can mosey on down to your Dodge dealer and if they have one, take a T/A on a test drive and let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts