Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took a very close inspection of my exterior and noticed that my tail lights don't line up. The two end ones are about 3/16 lower than the center one.

What's the fix on this? Do I move the center one up, the end ones down or a little of both? :scratchhead:

TIA

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finally took a very close inspection of my exterior and noticed that my tail lights don't line up. The two end ones are about 3/16 lower than the center one.

What's the fix on this? Do I move the center one up, the end ones down or a little of both? :scratchhead:

TIA
Uhm. Trunk latch adjustment would be more suiting to your situation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about the 2 plastic alignment screws that rest on your center trunk lid lights when you close the trunk... they will adjust the edges of the center tail light up or down to line up to the left and right tail lights. worked for me! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
The latch needs to function correctly which means it's the last item to try. The stops in the opening can move up and down and with plastic wing nuts can be loosened and move the lights accordingly.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

TIA
I've noticed every Challenger I look at is aligned differently tail light wise and off to some degree. The white SXT that my neighbor owns I swear it like 1 inch+ off from the center to the sides, seems pretty common it is a Dodge after all :p

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I took the opportunity to align them when I installed the sequential tail lights

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trunk fits flush with the quarter panels so that's not it. I have sequential turn signal kit on my short list of mods so I guess it would be best to just wait till I do that.

Thank you for the responses.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
This is how the tail lights look aligned

...after I installed the sequential tail lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts