Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to rejuvenate the black plastic body parts. Conventional sprays and treatments don't seem to work. I have heard that using a heat gun will do it. The bezel surrounding the tail lights has pinch points, how can it be removed without jacking up the paint?

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
I've never heard of using a heat gun. I put this on my black plastic trim 2 weeks ago, and it was easy. If you get it on your paint, wipe it off before it dries, and you will never know.

My car looks great after using Cerakote. They claim it's good for 200 washes. We'll see...

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Heat gun works, for a while... Maybe if a heat gun is used, THEN some of the black trim stuff of your choice is applied it would be the best of both worlds.
I first heard of using it on ChrisFix, he used it on fender flares on his truck. But years later in other videos you can see they faded back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
19’ Granite Scat Pack
81 Posts
I’ve used G Techniq C4 trim with great results on multiple vehicles. Depending how far gone your trim is it may not work. Good rule of thumb is if it looks good when you get it wet the C4 should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts