Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

have kinda a dumb question for ya... was thinking about going with the GTS blackouts but wasnt sure if theyre road legal... or if you can see the taillight through them. O and if they have to glued on like other covers. cause that s**t is retarded. Figured one of you all would know.

Thanks,
Zach

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I had them, they are held on by velcro which uses double sided tape to stick on top of the tail lights. I don't know if it's road legal, check with your state. I never checked to see if you could see the tail light through them. Mine didn't align worth crap so I threw them away.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Dont waste your time, like Jake said the mount using velcro strips that go on horizontally on the tail lights. Which means at night or when you hit your brakes the velcro shows right through the covers and it looks horrible, to me anyway. I had them on for about a hour and now they sit in my closet.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
As mentioned, check our local vehicle codes. Some are plain and state such modifications as flat-out illegal while in some areas the VC isn't so cut and dry (using light transmittance, distance, etc. to gauge legality). The citing officer can even use several VC's to give you a ticket based on their observations and interpretation of the law.

....just did a quick Google search:
MD Tint law questions, headlights and brake lamps....

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have them on mine. Just put them on. While yes the do stick on by velcro, it is very sturdy and wont fall off and mine align just fine.

When you brake you can slightly see them, it isnt anything extreme. Plus they look badass...especially if you have a black challenger like I do. Definitely do it if you like the smoked look.

·
Registered
607 Posts
^^^When you break, you can slightly see them (talking about the velcro). You will get more looks for sure, plus I think it only enhances the car visually even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts