Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger SXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just did an extensive amount of work with matte black vinyl to slim down my 2013 tail lights. They look great and could not be happier.

However, I want to cover the reverse light with vinyl as well. Would it be kosher to add small circles or expose the reverse light partially similar to the Daytona covers? I live in AZ.

Thanks!

(Crummy pictures, will upload more tomorrow)

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,214 Posts
The actual reverse light section would most likely not matter if its tinted or not, from a legal / illegal standpoint. In my state, you cannot "legally" have any portion of the actual brake light / red rear lights tinted or covered in anyway. Do people do it, - of course they do.
Its a minor fix-a-ticket, but at least here, its regularly enforced and can be a primary offense (reason to get stopped in the 1st place). Of course all locals vary according to their codes and laws but this one is becoming a pretty standard no-no.
What maybe another bigger concern however, is that if you are involved in an accident (say your rear ended) and the police report and / or insurance investigator determines that the other cars driver could not properly see your cars lights at night or its brake lights at anytime, or they claim such, be it true or otherwise, your going to reap the full legal and financial brunt of that accident on all counts because they will consider it something along the lines of intentional diminished visability and /or modification of a DOT required safety device. just food for thought.
Hemi4Us

Reactions: cgunn7

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger SXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the details. A person would do anything to win a lawsuit. Guess this makes me a vulnerable target. I was pulled over when I had tinted the entire bar 6 months ago. Just thought, "Hey, if the entire tail light isn't covered, no problem." Not the case though eh?

Most likely will keep the reverse light uncovered. If I do get pulled over again, sayonara to all tail light mods.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts