Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the cheapest, easiest, and best thing to use to tint my tail lights and side markers? Paint? Tint Film? or Plasti Dip?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did mine with VHT NiteShades. Then a couple coats of matte clear cause I didn't want the shinny look. You can get them already "smoked" but I like the slight red/yellow OEM color where the replacements look "euro" style to me. Perfect look I was going for. But for tail lights I'd get covers or have them professionally painted to give that tinted effect

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
image.jpg

Before

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
image.jpg

After

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
image.jpg

With lights on or brake.

Big Worm film. Looks like it belongs on the car. Not sure if cheapest route.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered from Big Worm and it should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday...

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
i vote for big worm also. they did my headlights and side markers a long time ago and my car is the GWE on their site. i went back and got the tail lights done a month or 2 ago. they look cleaner than the covers i had on before but not as dark

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Use caution with headlight tint. I had tint from Big Worm Graphix. The inside of my lights cracked. For the longest time, I thought it was scratches on the tint. When I took tint off to actually paint them, I realized they were cracked inside the lens.

Michele

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I was told it has something to do with the change of temp. I just know it happened. They were new before tint and both headlights cracked with vinyl tint.

Michele

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Does the big worm precuts cover up the top of lens and the face or just the face?

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
157 Posts
id say the cheapest would be night shade or to tint them ur self i tinted mine my self i bought tint for the rear window int comes is like a 6in roll at auto parts for around ten bucks and it was pretty easy once u got the hang of it a hair dryer helps alot lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
View attachment 212778

With lights on or brake.

Big Worm film. Looks like it belongs on the car. Not sure if cheapest route.....
I'd like to do the taillights like this. My concern is the visibility of the brake lights on a bright sunny day. My R/T is a daily driver and I like the look but worry about getting hit in the rear. Maybe upgrading to LED bulbs, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'd like to do the taillights like this. My concern is the visibility of the brake lights on a bright sunny day. My R/T is a daily driver and I like the look but worry about getting hit in the rear. Maybe upgrading to LED bulbs, what do you think?
I wouldn't worry too much, you still have the third brake light..... That pic is just the tail lights the brake lights show even better. I am way surprised how well the light shows through this stuff.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, you still have the third brake light..... That pic is just the tail lights the brake lights show even better. I am way surprised how well the light shows through this stuff.
I love the way it looks on your car, I might just try it. What level of tint did you use?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts