Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last July I lost my beautiful wife Dana to cancer and since then I have been trying to come up with a way to honor her life and her memory. When I think about it, the only passion that ever rivaled my passion for her would have to be the passion that I have for my Plum Crazy Challenger. So my initial idea was to put as many Plum Crazy Challengers on the Tail of the Dragon as possible. A Plum Crazy parade if you will, winding though 318 curves in 11 miles through the Smoky Mountains. Then after thinking more about it and talking to several people, I realized that it would be cool to have a ton of Challengers in every color of the rainbow on that mountain! Then thinking even more on it ... why not all Mopars that want to come to. Hell! Lets just get anybody and everybody. Come one come all!

So here I am trying to get some Challengers to join me on Saturday, May 3rd to run Tail of the Dragon in Deal's Gap, NC.

Check it out at Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in doing with me?

A very gracious thank you for your consideration to all my Mopar brothers and sisters.
Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. I don't post much.

Bill Scata

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's a great idea and an awesome tribute! Wish u were closer!

Reactions: STR8-PCP

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what town will people be meeting up at?possibilty for me but will be a day trip
I believe Robbinsville NC is the nearest town. I have personally never been there so I might need some insight from the Tail veterans in this regard.

Thank you for your interest!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And also know that there will be some great photo ops on this run!!! There are cameras all over the route that will capture phenomenal rolling shots of your car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bill - Sorry I can't make it, but what a great way to honor your wife.
I've been going down there for years with the Crossfire group and we always stay at the Fontana Dam lodge. Great place and very accommodating to car clubs. Also close to the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, NC.
Have a blast!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill - Sorry I can't make it, but what a great way to honor your wife.
I've been going down there for years with the Crossfire group and we always stay at the Fontana Dam lodge. Great place and very accommodating to car clubs. Also close to the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, NC.
Have a blast!
Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm in Atlanta so just planning to drive up in the morning, about 2.5 hours, do the run and hangout and then head back home. Not planning to stay overnight. That is good information though if anybody is interested in staying. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
First off, sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to even imagine the pain you have gone through.

My wife and I did The Dragon in 2012. For me it was mind altering. For her.............well motion sickness on the first rather Bonzai run. After a couple more more leisurely runs she had the feel for the road and did better. I did promise her though on our next trip there we would stay longer and take time to stop on occasion and take pictures of the scenery. :icon_wink:

Unfortunately due to some medical costs and it being 9 hours of gas and go driving away from us it isn't in the cards this year. No matter. You should do this. Anyone near should also as it is a true test of car and driver. Get out early in the morning before traffic picks up and CHALLENGE yourself.

As stated above there are several companies who place photographers in the best corners for pics of each days Dragon Slayers.

Examples:

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off, sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to even imagine the pain you have gone through.

My wife and I did The Dragon in 2012. For me it was mind altering. For her.............well motion sickness on the first rather Bonzai run. After a couple more more leisurely runs she had the feel for the road and did better. I did promise her though on our next trip there we would stay longer and take time to stop on occasion and take pictures of the scenery. :icon_wink:

Unfortunately due to some medical costs and it being 9 hours of gas and go driving away from us it isn't in the cards this year. No matter. You should do this. Anyone near should also as it is a true test of car and driver. Get out early in the morning before traffic picks up and CHALLENGE yourself.

As stated above there are several companies who place photographers in the best corners for pics of each days Dragon Slayers.

Examples:
It's responses like this that make this forum so great. Thank you for your kind words of advice and encouragement. Challenger owners helping and supporting other Challenger owners! That's what its all about. I'm sure that we will connect at another event down the road. Be well.

Bill

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm planning this cruise soon but I have to pick up a weekend class for one of my instructors that weekend. Hope you have an awesome turnout!

Reactions: STR8-PCP

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bill

If I didn't have a benefit tournament already lined up for that weekend, I would be doing the twistys with you!

I hope yall have fun and come home safe and make sure you post some pictures for me, so I can drool on my computer screen! lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
unless you have a specific reason for may3.just a thought hot rod power tour will be going from charlotte to Knoxville in early june.probabbly a lot of challenger will be in this area then

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unless you have a specific reason for may3.just a thought hot rod power tour will be going from charlotte to Knoxville in early june.probabbly a lot of challenger will be in this area then
May 3rd is locked in on my calendar. I know there is Gatty at the end of the month too. Things are really heating up now and every weekend is pretty much booked through the end of the summer. Thank you for the heads up!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This will be our rendezvous spot at high noon on Saturday the 3rd

Robbinsville High School parking lot
301 Sweetwater Road
Robbinsville NC. 28771

Feel free to PM me or email to [email protected]ail.com if you should have any questions.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
540 Posts
Man, being in California and wanting to take my R/T to the tail of the dragon since I bought her I wish this had more notice. Maybe in summer? My condolences on your loss.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts