Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the right tail pipe is about 1 inch lower at the diff than the left. Is this normal?

IMG_20200701_145254.jpg

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is pretty new with 3200 miles on it. I looked before under the whole underside and everything looked good and will look again.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Take it to the dealership and have them adjust it back. You have warranty.

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
They're all like that from '15s to the '20s. Its more noticeable on the 392 and Hellcats since the pipes are 3" diameter.

The ABS connector bulkhead for the rear sensors is above the right side pipe - don't know if the pipe is done that way for a little additional clearance - there's foil wrap on the wires as well.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,339 Posts
@Hal H my 2015 RT stock exhaust did not look like that. If you look at the exhaust hanger bracket it looks like the passenger side sits lower than the driver side. But then again I am comparing it to a 2015 RT which has an extra set of exhaust hangers between the tips and the one shown in the OPs pic.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is normal, then I would expect them to say that. If it is tweaked somehow, I would fix it my self rather than have the dealer screw it up. But if what Hal H says is true, and he sounds informed, then that's it.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,339 Posts
If it is normal, then I would expect them to say that. If it is tweaked somehow, I would fix it my self rather than have the dealer screw it up. But if what Hal H says is true, and he sounds informed, then that's it.
You could go check other challengers on the lot to give you piece of mind.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
Most pictures/videos I find look pretty even to me, but slightly lower on right. The left side tail pipe hanger seems pretty skewed towards the right? That would make it sit higher then the right tail pipe

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
My right tailpipe angles down lower - OEM exhaust except for the Mopar tips I've added
20200506_074132(2).jpg

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,311 Posts
@Hal H
Those tips look greatttttttt!

What was the cost....and do you have a part number?

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
@Hal H
Those tips look greatttttttt!

What was the cost....and do you have a part number?
Mopar exhaust tips - P/N 82214613 they run ~ $250

they'll fit on the 392 system with the OEM ball style clamps - they're designed around the slightly smaller 5.7 exhaust, but you just have to seat them firmly and clamp them down.

Like them better than the "Cuda" style tips. Once I found out the square quad tips fit, I got them

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,339 Posts
@Hal H is removed my aftermarket Corsa exhaust and sure enough even the passenger side hangs lower than the driver side. Looks like the hangers welded to the pipe are slightly different lengths.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Most pictures/videos I find look pretty even to me, but slightly lower on right. The left side tail pipe hanger seems pretty skewed towards the right? That would make it sit higher then the right tail pipe

View attachment 997257

View attachment 997258

A Guy
The gray car getting the mufflers removed sounded great afterward, I won’t even comment on his music choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts