Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Taking new SRT8 on along trip

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  AK907 
#1 ·
I ordered a six speed 2011 SRT8 which should be here in a few days. 1 month after it arrives, I'm taking it on a long trip. What things should I order for the car before I leave? Skip shift eliminator and short throw MOPAR stick shift are already on the way.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I am a little worried about traveling without a spare. I'll probably buy the whole kit from that seller on Ebay but I wish I didn't have to spend that much money right before a trip. I'm sure I could find a spare in a junkyard and order the adapter myself but that's a pretty nice package he's put together. It almost looks like a factory option.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I will definitely put a coat of wax on the car before the trip. I have also been looking for a bra to protect the front end. Unfortunately, I have not been able to confirm that any of them will fit the 2011 SRT8. Colgan is my first choice but I'm still waiting for them to reply to my e-mail inquiring about 2011 compatibility.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
No AK, I never was able to locate a bra for my SRT8. Colgan said that they didn't have a 2011 challenger to fit test so they weren't sure their product would work on my car. I eventually decided not to risk my paint job and reserved a rental car for my trip. I would still like to purchase a bra for future road trips though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.