Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be taking my car on a 600 mile road trip to vegas monday. I am trying to think of things to check before hand. I have about 3,000 miles on the current oil and it's not low. I had a nail removed from my tire 2 days ago that I found, better now then in the desert. Spare tire is full of air, I just put a Mopar CAI on so the air filter is clean. Trying to think of something I might be missing, I have jumper cables and a first aid kit just in case. But mechanically what should I check if anything.

Sorry if my posts don't make much sense I have been up 40 hours wishing I could fall asleep.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked up a Green Slime flat kit at Wal Mart. Also might consider a large, quality fire extinguisher. CB radio?

I listen to Books on Tape (CD now), a good droning reader really helps the zzzzzzzs come.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard green slime was bad for the tires when it comes time to pull the nail out. I do have a full spare. I was actually curious if people still use CB radios last time I used one was a few years back and it was silent.

I do have my sat radio and just installed a RBZ, lately I have been listen to the Vivid station, very entertaining lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I too will be taking mine on a roadtrip soon. CBs aren't as popular as they once were. The truckers still use them, they have certain channels in use for north/south routes and a different one for east/west, the channels used vary by region. Often they use them to keep track of where the speed traps are. A police scanner or scanner feed on your cell phone can do the same thing. Another thing to carry with you will be plenty of water and blanket or sleeping bag in case you get stuck in the middle of the desert.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Who is Chally? Is she sisters with Charo and Sally?

I hear they are smoking hot. Just make sure whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...! :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Your stats show you have a 2013. it's basically a brand new car. I wouldn't worry about anything mechanical. Make sure your cell is charged and take a car charger with. If you're really anal about breaking down, maybe a spare serpentine belt and breaker bar is about all I can think of, that hasn't already been mentioned. And, get plenty of sleep before you start. Have a great trip. These cars are awesome for road trips.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the suggestions, I might throw some MRE's and water in the trunk as well. I really wish people used CB's more often, I asked a CHP officer about 6 months ago if truckers still use them and he said they do but dont expect to hear as much chatter as there used to be.

My dad is flying in from VA ad he will be driving there with me. Since I got the car from from day one he has been on my back for putting a catback on, CAI etc saying that it will cause issues and the last thing I want to hear is I told you so lol.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Am I the only one who would put a fresh crankcase full of oil and a filter before I went?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wel since I am up early I might go to mopar and get an oil change , but I looked at my records and there is only 2,400 miles on the oil.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Radar detector :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh yeah. A few microfiber towels and diaper wipes. May want to clean your car when you get there. Can get all bugged up, and dirty on the way there, and towels to dry after you go to the car wash.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am also debating on using the valet at the hotel since parking is always a PIA. Last time I used valet at a hotel in san diego I was missing 1/4 tank of gas.

·
Registered
15,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
I am also debating on using the valet at the hotel since parking is always a PIA. Last time I used valet at a hotel in san diego I was missing 1/4 tank of gas.
You just answered your own question, a big NO on the valet is my vote.
Have a great time and a safe ride.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts