Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am going to take the B5 R/T on a roadtrip from Pismo Beach to Detroit. I am planning on doing RT 66 on the way out and Yellowstone on the way back. I will be in warren MI for a month working on proofing Army technical manuals. Any suggestions on things to see or do during all this? Leaving 28 May, getting back 9 July.

·
Registered
228 Posts
IF you could find your way to Ohio..
Columbus to be exact. On the weekend of July 6.7.8. Wich is Friday and Saturday and Sunday.. The GoodGuys ppg nationals are held every year.
It's an awesome event to go to and even better to participate.

I will be entering my 67 GALAXIE fastback on Saturday. And both my cars on Sunday ,as its open to all on Sunday.

Google it and read the details and such.

Also if you get a chance try and hit the Henry Ford museum in Detroit.. That also is definitely worth the afternoon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I know you're driving a lot but drive up to Northern Michigan to a place called HIGGINS LAKE. if time permits.

I spent time up there every Summer when I was growing up in Detroit.

National Geographic named it the "6th Most Beautiful Lake in the World" It's a spring fed CLEAR lake.

It's just off I-75 only about 200 miles from the Detroit area.

Too bad you're not going back in August you could attend the WOODWARD AVE DREAM CRUISE, biggest car show in the country I believe.
About 500,000 cars cruising (really just walking speed) up and back about 20 miles of Woodward Ave (first concrete road in the country)

Visit "Greenfield Village" where the "Henry Ford Museum" Old time historic stuff including Henry Ford first building he hand made cars in ect....visit historic Ft. Wayne......take the Ambassador Bridge over the 5 mile wide Detroit River to Windsor Ontario Canada and admire the Detroit skyline.

Take in a Tiger game at CoMerica Park in Downtown Detroit. Go to GREEKTOWN area for some nightlife.
Check out the FOX Theater in Downtown Detroit, beautiful architecture right near CoMerica Park. Riverboat gambling on the Detroit River.
Go to the "Detroit Historical Museum" on Woodward Ave.

I believe they still shoot off fireworks on the Detroit River on a few barges for July 4th, but not sure.
We used to go To the Canada side and watch them reflect off the Detroit tall buildings!
Take a drive up the river just North of Detroit to GROSSE POINT and check out all the millionaire mansions along the river.

Take some pics while you're there and post up if you can! Have a great trip!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Go to Yellowstone via the Dakotas. Go through the Badlands, Crazy-Horse/Mt. Rushmore, head north to the Enchanted Highway, then west through Little Bighorn on the way to YellowStone.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts
Or Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, if any members along or near RT 66, it would be nice to visit and see any mods you may have done in person. Mine is rather boring.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, I did Woodward and the Ford Museum, pix to follow. Here is the REALLY old bridge from RT 66 at Two Guns AZ. I had to do a little bit of offroading over some really scary (for a Challenger) rocks to get there. Then there is the "roadkill cafe" just had to put that in tonight. It's at the other end of the state though.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
FINALLY started to resize my pictures. Here is the first. Taken from the iPhone
Great shot with the route 66 on the pavement! Have a great and safe road trip!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am finally home. A total of 7539 miles. Details of fuel consumption will post tomorrow. Why did my pictures disappear and the post stats are just "-"? I also can't post using the quick reply button.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts
I still see your pics in 1st page?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts
Gateway City :) I rode to the top when I was a kid. Kinda pod like ride you sit in. !st time you lean over to look out a window, feels like you are falling over, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
976 Posts
I can see your photos and thank you for them. Looks like you had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts