Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Benton County AR.

Not taking my Scat Pack out today.

Nor my M-B Cargo van. Well, I might take it out for a quick run just to see how it handles the snow but the Scat Pack stays put.

Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive exterior Winter

That is close to 3" of of snow made up of very large and wet flakes. Would make awesome and probably lethal snow balls if one was so inclined. As snow goes probably not the worst snow to drive on either. But I ain't trying it with my Scat Pack. Summer tires. No ballast in the trunk. No way.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
Me either.

Winter hibernation. Guard feline on duty. In 'Ship Mode'. Hellraisin looks black in this light. To the back is a wood stove and a comfortable 64 degrees.

If anyone knows of a Scat Pack Logo car cover, let me know (not Hellcat, not Dodge //).

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Rockster Just noticed the halos are on. Warming it up in the cold weather? Dreaming of sunny days? ;)
Don't think the halos are on. I walked up to the car but as shown in the pic that's as close as I got to it. And didn't have the key in my pocket.

@Rockster Just noticed the halos are on. Warming it up in the cold weather? Dreaming of sunny days? ;)
Just went to the car. Halos not on.

Opened the door. Everything appears ok.

Checked and headlight switch in off position. I have to be careful. My other vehicle has auto headlights but if I leave the headlight switch in the on position -- which sometimes happens when I need the headlights on during the day -- the vehicle is ok with this and the headlights do not remain on when the engine is turned off. But with the Challenger if the headlights are on they'll remain on when the engine is turned off.

Got of the car and closed the door then locked it with the key fob. Checked the lights and no lights are on.

Think the halos looking to be on is just a reflection from the snow.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
Me either.

Winter hibernation. Guard feline on duty. In 'Ship Mode'. Hellraisin looks black in this light. To the back is a wood stove and a comfortable 64 degrees.

If anyone knows of a Scat Pack Logo car cover, let me know (not Hellcat, not Dodge //).

View attachment 1008683
Ship mode, like Bond's Lotus?
I am waiting for a good rain here for increased salt rinse away ability so I can take my Challenger out.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Others can have fun doing what they want in the snow/ice/salt/sand and try to avoid the world's worst idiot drivers in winter............it's a simple NO F'N WAY to me. I don't have to and don't want to.
Yeppp...that’s why I have a “turd” for the daughter to daily drive.....a 2013 Dart SE.

Reactions: Jeffroeson

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
Greetings from Benton County AR.

Nor my M-B Cargo van. Well, I might take it out for a quick run just to see how it handles the snow but the Scat Pack stays put.

View attachment 1008649

That is close to 3" of of snow made up of very large and wet flakes. Would make awesome and probably lethal snow balls if one was so inclined. As snow goes probably not the worst snow to drive on either. But I ain't trying it with my Scat Pack. Summer tires. No ballast in the trunk. No way.
Wise move - one of the local guys here decided to roll his 392 Shaker out for pictures in the 2" of snow a couple of years ago - his had the summer tire. Had a very difficult time getting the car back to the driveway & garage (I had warned him).

those summer tires turn rock hard in cold temperatures (below 40* F) like 20 year old pencil erasers and will have no grip...as he found out

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was just trying to get you out in the snow ;)

A Guy
Well, it worked. I didn't have far to walk and I wasn't outside more than 5 minutes but I was out in the snow. On foot at least.

Roads were pretty clear yesterday afternoon. I was out in the van and no real mess to speak of.

Could take the Scat Pack out today if I wanted to.

But it is pretty cold, currently 29F, and those summer tires on the Scat Pack while great in the warmer weather not so much when it is cold. Think I'll wait for warmer weather. It is forecast for later this week. But not before we have some more nasty weather first. 30% chance of snow today after 3pm and a 30% chance of snow tonight until 9pm. 30% ain't much of a chance. If 60% is pretty much a sure thing 30% is probably pretty much a sure not going to happen thing.

Wednesday gets sunny as the day progresses but remains below 40F. Thursday and Friday are forecast to be clear sunny and warmer with highs near 50F and every day through Monday warmer still. If the forecast holds if the weather does what it is expected to do I think I'll have the Scat Pack out Sunday for a drive.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
Ship mode, like Bond's Lotus?...
Yeah, "Ship mode". When voltage is displayed on the driver's screen, it says 'Press and hold OK for storage'. Car shuts extra stuff off at that point to minimize battery drain. To restart I have to use the key fob on the start button - so evidently the key sensing systems are shut down too.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
One think I have learned with my 2019 Widebody Scat Pack with cold temps 20 to 30 between cold roads and cold tires you have to be careful no traction, when it snows my challenger is covered and parked
Automotive exterior Red Bumper Hood Grille

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Yeah, "Ship mode". When voltage is displayed on the driver's screen, it says 'Press and hold OK for storage'. Car shuts extra stuff off at that point to minimize battery drain. To restart I have to use the key fob on the start button - so evidently the key sensing systems are shut down too.
Nice feature but 2018 and newer only I think. Doesn't appear to be on my 2016.

The system goes to sleep and won't respond to your FOB but if you grab the door handle it will wake up and then you can unlock the door.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts