Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What difference could one expect in the seat of the pants department between the 6.1 and 6.4???

I mean, is the new car THAT much of an improvement to warrant "upgrading"?!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Not even close, the 392 is an angry beast. I put about 180 miles on my car today. Combination of city and highway, I LOVE IT!!

The torque is so freaking awesome.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You all are killing me!!! Lol

Anyone else?

Goehner, Baxter is about $1500 or so from making a sale... Talk some sense into those people for me!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
$1500 is nothing, pull the trigger and be done. When you get behind the wheel of this beast, you would pay $60K!!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Thank God I did not take a test drive before negotiating my price.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No complaints from me either. I have just under 100 miles.

Nobody can make your mind up for you though. :D

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Picked mine up Monday afternoon in Columbus. Drove it home, and got on it mildly two or 3 times. The low end power is very noticeable and impressive. Big difference between 6.1 and 6.4.

Also, without a doubt the steering and handling are night and day better.

Big Time torque is 100% correct.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I don't think any increase less than 10% can be felt in the seat of the pants. The torque on this went up by 25% over the 6.1 Very noticeable and a heck of a lot of fun!!!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,819 Posts
If you're married and the wife doesn't give you the go ahead, the only "seat of the pants" feeling you may get is from a kick in the ass out the door lol! In my case, the difference going from an R/T Classic to a 392 should be night and day. My wife will get the PCP so it's all good.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've got an appointment with my dealer tonight to price out a GWE 392 and see what they'd offer me on a trade... I'm in no position at all financially to make the move, might have to sell my soul to the devil to make it work!

·
Registered
675 Posts
If you're married and the wife doesn't give you the go ahead, the only "seat of the pants" feeling you may get is from a kick in the ass out the door lol! In my case, the difference going from an R/T Classic to a 392 should be night and day. My wife will get the PCP so it's all good.:browsmiley:

LOL Love this comment!!! Thank God Wife gave me green light, just trying to find a DWB auto for under 50K out the door is my issue :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, it's been awhile... Let's hear some more comparisons and impressions between the 6.1 and 392!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
It has been awhile. I thought you probably already bought it! Yer wastin daylight! Go drive it. We only test drove 6.1s as the left over '10s were going for a song, but even my kids (7, 12, 15) said "hole cow" when we drove the 392. Bought it and have not regretted it. Way more power and handling, especially after break-in. Just have to be patient for the first 500 miles or so. I bought from Baxter too and they were great. Great price, great guys, great car. Couldn't be happier. I think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ask yourself.....do I really like FAST

I sold my little Lotus Elise and my heart was broken:mecry: It was hell to get in and out of but once you were strapped in it was a blast to drive. At 6000 rpm the cam would change and you better have room in front of you! Well, the 392 doesn't wait around for 6000 rpm:sleep: Its FAST as soon as you press the button and give it the gas! Its surprising to me how fast it is for its size. Lots of cars are fun to drive in their own special way. For know, this one will do me just fine. My heart is healed!.....Im in Love again!!! :SM120:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i got 600 miles on my car and decided to do a 0-60 1 hour ago...4.86 on the first try with 2 people in the car....i did nothing special to get the 4.86, just floored it....traction control on/no auto stick....4.5- should be easily attainable with some practice and w/o the passenger

can a 6.1 do that on the first try?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
First time I tried 0-60 In my car was a 4.8 flat. 6.1
was it down the side of a mountain?

i dont doubt 4.8 for a 6.1.....i just think for a 1st try its extremely impressive

thats like me saying 4.4 1st try in my 392...could it happen? sure....likely? not even close

i expected 5 seconds or more for my 1st try....i didnt think id break 5 with the traction control on....it shocked me

the Magazines are getting 4.6-4.7 with a pro driver and many attempts

i test drove a 6.1 last summer...the power did not impress me...maybe im a crappy driver(it was a 6 speed and i have a automatic in my 392)....the 392 impresses the heck out of me......feels totally different..

when i floor it i get an adrenalin rush and feel i have to concentrate just to keep it straight

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
If you already have an SRT, then Supercharge her and your 100hp over a 392ci.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The real deal is how is it compared to the modded srts such as intake headers & a tune since most of us gonna switch from modded to stock 392

1 - 20 of 25 Posts