Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Could never replace my Challenger, but I would happily add something like a C7 to my garage. I'm already thinking about how to "celebrate" being empty-nesters eventually. :D

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
it's your money so you should buy what you like.
Challengers are not the only cool thing in life
however if I had the cash I'd get a Viper

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,050 Posts
it's your money so you should buy what you like.
Challengers are not the only cool thing in life
however if I had the cash I'd get a Viper

I gotta agree with IDMTFF.......get what YOU like. Personally I like the new C7 better than the Viper, BUT If I were looking for another car it would be a Caddy CTS-V

·
Registered
540 Posts
Two words: Do it.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Get the Vette if you can afford it without putting yourself into too much debt and you are saving enough for retirement.

My wife and I came within minutes of ordering a C7 Z51 2LT convertible a week ago. After we thought about it we decided to pay off our house and the kids college funds first.

For the money the Vette kills the Viper IMO. It is a supercar without the supercar price. Awesome job on it by GM (I hate to admit it)...

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Don't do it, Vetts are everywhere. Vipers hold there value a lot better. May not have all the tech stuff like a vett on the older ones, but every viper is hand built and I've seen some early models with 80k plus miles still getting $50,000. I'm trying to work my way to a viper myself.2000-02 if possible as they still had all the best parts until the 2013's put forged internals back in.
But in the end, it's what ever makes you happy and it's still a fine azz car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never considered myself a "Vette" guy. I used to make fun of the old dudes in Vette's and go as far as to make fun of them thinking they were trying to overcome a sexual deficiency. But I have always liked all the models prior to 1967. I do like the radical looks of the newest one. The starting price is considerably less than a Viper or a CTS V. To the tune of 40-50K. To answer some of your comments, (if I had the money) I would get the Ford GT40. So, I don't have that kind of cash.
I have driven a Viper and it is a race car. I don't want a race car. I guess in my later years I prefer a little more comfort over track speed.
Thx for all your input. Will decide this weekend.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My dad has a gt40, if I had to choose between it and a vette I'd personally go with the vette, gt40 is really only good as a weekend car, but a vette you can joyride whenever you feel like it. Ours is the # 6

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts