Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Everything I hear about E85 is just the opposite of what people on here are talking about.
1.) it does not produce as much energy as gasoline so it hurts performance and mileage
2.) it destroys rubber hoses and gums up
3.) it attracts moisture
4.) it should be avoided at all costs.

People I know who want to run race fuels run Torco 100% Ethanol free

·
Registered
689 Posts
E85 definitely has its place.
It does make more power than the average 91-93 octane tunes and does so NA, nitrous or forced induction (not that race fuel would not do the same). It is definitely cheaper than most (if not all) race fuels out there, price per gallon.
Mileage will decrease due to the added fueling requirements needed to make it run.
It can effect certain lines more than standard gasoline which is why most cars need to be made e85 compliant in some respects.

This new device definitely does set a precedent though as one of the major drawbacks to e85 has always been the lack of consistency when getting it at the pump and having to test it at various locations to ensure quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
E85 definitely has its place.
It does make more power than the average 91-93 octane tunes and does so NA, nitrous or forced induction (not that race fuel would not do the same). It is definitely cheaper than most (if not all) race fuels out there, price per gallon.
Mileage will decrease due to the added fueling requirements needed to make it run.
It can effect certain lines more than standard gasoline which is why most cars need to be made e85 compliant in some respects.

This new device definitely does set a precedent though as one of the major drawbacks to e85 has always been the lack of consistency when getting it at the pump and having to test it at various locations to ensure quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I run 93 in my 5.7l with a scat pack 1 PCM, it does just fine. On a side note I ran 2 consecutive tank fulls of Torco 108, just to see, I think my car picked up 0.002 but I do not know if that was from the 108 octane or the weight reduction on my wallet. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts