Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the 3m tape product number that is used on the mopar challenger script emblems or know another tape that withstands water etc?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm not sure what they used but this is what I'm thinking I'll buy when I go to add the SRT 8 spoiler to my R/T.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
3M p/n 03615 7/8" x 5'. I found it at Autozone. This type of vehicle tape can also be found at an auto paint supply store.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I'm not sure what they used but this is what I'm thinking I'll buy when I go to add the SRT 8 spoiler to my R/T.
3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952 Black, 3/4 in x 15 yd 45 mil

Take it easy
Jay
I work at 3M and although we don't make the tape at our Plant, we do use VHB tape for laminating optical fiber in duct. I would suggest that you wipe the surface with Iso Alcohol and warm it with a hair dryer prior to application. Press and hold for a minute. We use the # 4914 VHB which is gray and about 1/8th in thick. It takes 24 to 72 hour to completely adhere. Wipe it with iso and warm it and you should be good to go.
Make sure the tape is warm (not out in the cold) and the car body is warm and it speeds up the tact time.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for the advice I'll be sure to let it sit out in the sun and heat it up before I do it. I've got to prep and paint the spoiler so I'm going to have to wait for warmer weather before jumping into the project. April needs to hurry up and get here.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts