Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the 2.4.2 firmware is available from the Tazer site but when I use the auto update feature on the tazer itself its says the 2.4.1 is the latest available. Does anyone know if the 2.4.2 works ok in our cars?

Ron

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
Per instructions the firmware should work for 2015-2018. They also have a new utility version.

Firmware
https://zautomotive.com/zpu/firmware/tazer/ZES_tz2g_242_020518r.zfw

Firmware manual
https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/tazer_user_guide_2.4.2.pdf?ac60f4&ac60f4

Utility 2.0.2
https://zautomotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/download-1-300x76.png?ac60f4&ac60f4

Utility manual
https://zautomotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/instructions-300x76.png

Trying the firmware now.

I updated the firmware before I updated the utility and I get a message saying the tazer firmware is 2.4.2 but the latest is 2.4.1 (see 2nd attachment)

OK just tried it and now when you marry (if you are running 2.4.1 you don't have to unmarry to upgrade to 2.4.2 but I did anyways) or reboot there is a countdown. If I enable STP my sport flag still disappears, everything else appears to work. Would like to try boost gauge and compare reading to my Innovate gauge but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was already using the 2.0.2, get the same message you get. Since it was posted on the 5th, was wondering why the auto update still says 2.4.1 is the latest. Maybe wait for 2.0.3 on the utility maybe?

After reading the manual I also like that they put the updates in RED. Makes the differences easy to see.

Ron

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
Ok, I got to play with the tazer some more. One thing I love is the cool down can now be mapped to an aux button. Now all my aux buttons are programmed:

Aux 1 - full ESP disable
Aux 2 - cool down
Aux 3 - line lock

Only thing that I could not get to work is the boost gauge...I have no way to enable it. Not a big deal for me since I have a boost gauge but it would be nice to see how accurate it would be.

Just sent the Zautomotive folks an email about the boost gauge.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Ok, I got to play with the tazer some more. One thing I love is the cool down can now be mapped to an aux button. Now all my aux buttons are programmed:

Aux 1 - full ESP disable
Aux 2 - cool down
Aux 3 - line lock

Only thing that I could not get to work is the boost gauge...I have no way to enable it. Not a big deal for me since I have a boost gauge but it would be nice to see how accurate it would be.

Just sent the Zautomotive folks an email about the boost gauge.
I was watching to see how you were going to enable that. I don't have any boost to show, but I like the additional gauges on the HellCat and Demon and was wondering if they had figured out a way to turn those on...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
I was watching to see how you were going to enable that. I don't have any boost to show, but I like the additional gauges on the HellCat and Demon and was wondering if they had figured out a way to turn those on...
Zauto has not gotten back to me about enabling the boost gauge. I don't need it as I have one installed on the pillar but I was curious about the accuracy. I will definitely keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
Just noticed another strange thing today with the new firmware. When I do a full reboot the countdown seems to count in odd numbers only.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
That is odd...

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Well, that's ones and zeros...

A Guy

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have STP with the 5.0 Uconnect with no STP button or access to the performance pages and configuration. I can adjust steering sensitivity in the Uconnect screen, but that's it relating to STP. Will Tazer give me access to additional STP features in the center-console display? I'm sort of hesitant because it sounds like it breaks functionality as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Everything I have seen was for an 8.4. I don't think performance pages on the 5.0 was ever offered.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/4201634-post7.html
I know the 5.0 is limited, but I'm actually referring to the configurations in the center digital screen. Right now I have a page that shows 0-60 and braking distance gauges and there's also a setup page. I was wondering it Tazer adds anything to that screen in regards to STP.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
I know the 5.0 is limited, but I'm actually referring to the configurations in the center digital screen. Right now I have a page that shows 0-60 and braking distance gauges and there's also a setup page. I was wondering it Tazer adds anything to that screen in regards to STP.
The tazer will give performance pages in the EVIC.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
Lol, you probably are more correct...EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) is a carryover from the old instrument cluster setup.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll have to read up more on Tazer to determine if it's worth it. Hopefully there's a way to reset everything back to factory settings if I lose functionality in some areas.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
I'll have to read up more on Tazer to determine if it's worth it. Hopefully there's a way to reset everything back to factory settings if I lose functionality in some areas.
When you unmarry it all settings that were change will go back to stock.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well based on other threads I tried to use the boost gauge today, here are my findings:

1. Turning on the boost gauge setting does nothing, It only shows in the performance pages if you also enable srt pages.
2. Once you enable both the gauges change to diplays 4 gauges instead of 3. However boost, oil pressure, ic temp and air fuel mix gauges do not work. They either display -83 degrees (most likely because I am missing the IC temp sensor) or -- (most likely because its pulling the wrong guid from the cpu) I say this because the oil pressure and air fuel both display -- and oil pressure works using just the dodge performance pages, air fuel has to work or the check engine light would be on. The boost gauge also displays -- meaning vacuum is not calculated even though it goes from -30(vacuum) to +30(boost).
3. Noted earlier my sport button does not turn on/off sport mode in this mode either(works without SRT pages enbled) but the STP button still brings up drive modes and are changable using the custom option. street and sport are not configurable from this menu either. Both say to change any of the settings use custom.

I am not really sure if I am going to use SRT pages for this for long. Everything works using the dodge performance pages perfectly(sport mode, STP button) and I liked the way it worked quite well. I really like the 4 gauges per page layout much better but the fact that 4 of the 8 gauges dont work at all and 1 of those that dont work, work fine using the dodge performance pages, tells me I will be much happier using all the features that work than using the STP pages to display gauges that dont work in my car.
However, I may also try the config again whenever new firmware comes out to see if that is something that gets fixed.

Ron

1 - 20 of 45 Posts