Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the latest firmware for the Tazer allows you to control engine mode, which means, for the automatics you can force it to stay in 8 cylinder mode and cylinder deactivation should never kick in even if your car is in the standard/default setting. (I know you can get around this by putting the car in sport or track mode but I want the transmission to remain in the softer setting). Unfortunately, my Tazer wasn't shipped with the latest firmware and I haven't been able to update it yet so this 'engine mode' hasn't worked on my Tazer.

Has anyone else been able to confirm if they can force engine mode with their Tazer?

I just want to confirm it actually works before I try to update the firmware

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Yes, I got a Tazer a couple of months ago for my 15 SPS. The "Track" setting makes the trans shift harder and increase rpm shift points. I don't remember specifically about the MDS going "in or out" but I do know that the car feels quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cannot 100% confirm it works, but I just got my tazer a week ago. Either the car running in the live options I can force engine into track and trans into track but it will still enable eco/MDS. But if I force engine into track and trans into sport the eco/MDS doesn’t kick in.

Firmware 2.5.1

Only way to know 100% would be to use a bore scope on the active exhaust and see if the spring opens fully once you force the engine into track

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Soft transmission ??? Really now ?? I drive the Charger in TRACK for the trans...........
'
quick shifts, cooler temps in the oil

Keep reading about how bad plugin crap in the obd port is a bad thing in the long term................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soft transmission ??? Really now ?? I drive the Charger in TRACK for the trans...........
'
quick shifts, cooler temps in the oil

Keep reading about how bad plugin crap in the obd port is a bad thing in the long term................
If I misspelt that there my bad but “Sport” trans not soft lol. I can force the trans into track mode but you have to use Auto-Stick/Paddle shifters or the MDS will still kick in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts