Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I completely understand the program modes and have read the manual. I understand how to pull up performance pages and get the concept of unlocking SRT pages.

What I am asking is this... When I want sport mode now I simply hit the sport button.
How do you get to "Track" mode with the Tazer plugged in?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm sure I'll get the idea once I get the Tazer.
You can hit Super Track Pak and it will take you to the SRT drive modes. You can then select:

Custom
Sport
Track

You also do it though the App's button, but it is much faster when you use Super Track Pak.

Everytime I get in the car now, I hit Super Track Pak and use custom mode.

I have custom mode set up this way:

Transmission - Track
Paddles - On
Traction - Sport
Steering - Street

Sport traction is most you can do unless you fully disable. For some reason, most likely adaptive suspension related, Scat Packs can't use "Track" traction.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So, to clarify, the shift rpm you increased has reverted back to the original shift rpm?

Thanks
In normal drive mode, even in Track, my shift points are still 5,800 or so on the 2-3 shift.

In temporary manual mode, they are now consistently 6,120 - 6,220.

Before the TaZer, the shifts on the 1-2 and 2-3 would never go above 5,800 - 5,900 no matter if you were in temporary manual or drive.

The TaZer is doing something in temporary manual mode to force the shifts very close to 6,200.

I believe the TCM limiter is 6,200 for the shifts on our cars.

I have been able to replicate this on multiple occasions, so it is still working. I wish it worked in Drive, but it will be much better at the track.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don't think that is what he meant. It shifts at 6200 when in temporary manual mode and you just stand on it and let the TCM force the shifts (by not shifting yourself), AND then if the trans reverts back to automatic mode it will then shift at 5800.

Any time you are in temporary manual mode and do not give any commands after so many seconds the trans will revert back to automatic.

So the change I believe stays in there, but is only active in the temp manual mode. Which is fine with me.
100% correct.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
As a teaser,

I caught rubber HARD on the 1-2 shift today at about 3/4 throttle and then caught rubber again on the 2-3 shift.

The car has never scratched on the 2-3 before and the scratch on the 1-2 was the best ever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
<Admin edit: Private communication by NSV removed>

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 9, 2015, at 8:41 PM, John Gulino <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to gather as much information as possible about this item. I have a 6 speed manual 2015 scat pack challenger. Am I able to run the SRT track mode with the tazer? I see it works for the Auto 8 speed but I have not seen anything about a 6 speed manual.

I had asked about the Tazer on a 6 speed manual and this is the response. Very good information!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey Joe, glad to see you on here, I have some feed back for you.
My car 2015 Challenger R/T Plus, no Super Track Pack. 5.7 A8

1) SRT mode turns on my EVIC performance pages and I get no airbag errors. I've turned it on and off several times.

2) Turning on Performance Pages(PP) does nothing. I was on the July 15 update of the 8.4AN radio. I reinstalled the update after turning on PP, and I got the Menu item, but when selecting it I got an error that said "No Active Subscription To use this feature, go to the Uconnect Store and renew the Performance Pages subscription." This morning on my way to work, my radio gave me a message saying it was going to reboot. After reboot, the PP menu item was gone.

3) Drive mode works, but because my car has nothing like STP it doesn't really do anything but give me Sport(which I have by a dash button) and Eco(which I didn't have)

The guys that report they got PP on the 8.4 are from this forum, both of them installed radio's from other vehicles. I would assume you can't draw much from them unless you were planning on adding the radio to a car with the 8.4.

Let me know if there is anything I can try for you. I would really like the Tazer and you can the PP to work.

Thank you

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a question.

1) can this device be used to unlock the scatpack bee or put your own animation file in its place and

2) if chrysler drops an update that makes this device obsolete is there any guarantee on the purchase?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not the best video quality, but it should answer some questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DFbWzaOLL8
This did it for me right here Kenny! Thanks man. It would be cool if the developer could somehow incorporate the sport mode button to toggle between all the modes. Or a push of the button puts you in Sport and a Hold of the button puts you in Track... something like that.

Awesome review and thanks for taking the time to post the video!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You guys will be impressed with Track mode. It, combined with a custom tune, is awesome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice video and great information! Do you have to customize track mode or will it just run the factory track settings minus the adaptive suspension? I really want track mode I think sport mode is awesome I can only imagine what track mode is like. Only thing holding me back is I have a Six speed!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Joe, glad to see you on here, I have some feed back for you.
My car 2015 Challenger R/T Plus, no Super Track Pack. 5.7 A8

1) SRT mode turns on my EVIC performance pages and I get no airbag errors. I've turned it on and off several times.

2) Turning on Performance Pages(PP) does nothing. I was on the July 15 update of the 8.4AN radio. I reinstalled the update after turning on PP, and I got the Menu item, but when selecting it I got an error that said "No Active Subscription To use this feature, go to the Uconnect Store and renew the Performance Pages subscription." This morning on my way to work, my radio gave me a message saying it was going to reboot. After reboot, the PP menu item was gone.

3) Drive mode works, but because my car has nothing like STP it doesn't really do anything but give me Sport(which I have by a dash button) and Eco(which I didn't have)

The guys that report they got PP on the 8.4 are from this forum, both of them installed radio's from other vehicles. I would assume you can't draw much from them unless you were planning on adding the radio to a car with the 8.4.

Let me know if there is anything I can try for you. I would really like the Tazer and you can the PP to work.

Thank you
So you got the lastest update and got the SRT page to work on your 5.7 RT A8. Does the eco mode and track mode working correctly? I'm really interested in the Tazer for these 2 mode.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Update:

I updated my TaZer to 2.1.6 and Light Show now works.

I was also able to enable Shift Light and it works just fine on my car.

Shift Light would probably work if you really wanted to max the rpms out at the track and shift with the paddles.

Light Show is pretty neat.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Update:

I updated my TaZer to 2.1.6 and Light Show now works.

I was also able to enable Shift Light and it works just fine on my car.

Shift Light would probably work if you really wanted to max the rpms out at the track and shift with the paddles.

Light Show is pretty neat.
Im sold, Ill be ordering mine tomorrow.

By the way, can you confirm what version of UConnect you are currently running?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Im sold, Ill be ordering mine tomorrow.

By the way, can you confirm what version of UConnect you are currently running?
I have not performed the latest security update yet. I did the UConnect update for SGII, but that's it.

I also did the A8 transmission flash. I'm a little scared to update. However, the features are active in my car now and shouldn't go away. Just like they wouldn't go away on a SRT.

Basically, my car is now programmed as a SRT.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So you got the lastest update and got the SRT page to work on your 5.7 RT A8. Does the eco mode and track mode working correctly? I'm really interested in the Tazer for these 2 mode.
no, I didn't get the PP to work. The menu item was there, but when selecting it I received an error. After driving about 10 minutes the radio rebooted while driving and I lost the menu item.

I do have the extra gauges in the EVIC, Intake temp, HP, Torque, G forces.

I do have the Drive Mode page, but really can only go to Eco and Street and Sport.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
no, I didn't get the PP to work. The menu item was there, but when selecting it I received an error. After driving about 10 minutes the radio rebooted while driving and I lost the menu item.

I do have the extra gauges in the EVIC, Intake temp, HP, Torque, G forces.

I do have the Drive Mode page, but really can only go to Eco and Street and Sport.
Wonder if this is because of the update or because you don't have STP or both?

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
Not sure. I thought STP came with PP.
It does. I'm just wondering exactly how it would work with my '15 A8 R/T with STP and the latest uconnect update for the 8.4.

Will it replace PP with SRT pages?

Is the reason you're only getting two modes because your car lacks STP?

If this thing can do what many are claiming then I will buy one. I just want to hear from more people with different configurations and exactly what it does or doesn't do for them.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack Challenger
792 Posts
When i hit sport mode on my scat pack my active exhaust stays open and im in v8 mode all day till i deactivate sport. My question is when purchasing this and using track or sport mode will i still have open exhaust and v8 stay on and not go into 4cyl mode? Also do i need to keep it plugged in after activating this product for it to keep working?

41 - 60 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.