·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just ordered mine. I am definitely excited about track mode. And ECO mode for those long road trips.
ECO definitely works. It feels like it strips the car of 100 h.p.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
When i hit sport mode on my scat pack my active exhaust stays open and im in v8 mode all day till i deactivate sport. My question is when purchasing this and using track or sport mode will i still have open exhaust and v8 stay on and not go into 4cyl mode? Also do i need to keep it plugged in after activating this product for it to keep working?
Once you activate SRT features, they will stay. You never have to plug it in again unless you want too.

Track mode should also diable MDS and open the active exhaust.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It does. I'm just wondering exactly how it would work with my '15 A8 R/T with STP and the latest uconnect update for the 8.4.

Will it replace PP with SRT pages?

Is the reason you're only getting two modes because your car lacks STP?

If this thing can do what many are claiming then I will buy one. I just want to hear from more people with different configurations and exactly what it does or doesn't do for them.
I really hope this replace PP with the SRT pages. I'm in the same boat as you waiting for more people to test it and see if the tazer really activate the SRT page on a STP 5.7 RT A8 with the latest uConnect update. So far this look promising but I want solid fact that this work good before throwing 270$ (more for me thanks to the canadian/us dollar exchange rate!)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I really hope this replace PP with the SRT pages. I'm in the same boat as you waiting for more people to test it and see if the tazer really activate the SRT page on a STP 5.7 RT A8 with the latest uConnect update. So far this look promising but I want solid fact that this work good before throwing 270$ (more for me thanks to the canadian/us dollar exchange rate!)
My car does not even have the PP (it is a Plus with the 8.4) but no STP

·
Registered
624 Posts
I should have mine on friday and I have a 15 RT Plus without the track pack. If someone doesn't answer some of the questions asked by then I will fill in the RT Plus guys once I get it done. I also have the latest Uconnect update so we'll see how it responds to that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just ordered one thanks to this terrific post. I hope the OP is getting some kick back from the vendor because I'd bet his sales just doubled.

I can't wait to see what the OP buys next month...
Thanks for the post, I would have never found this product otherwise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ECO mode is when the car goes to 4 cylinder mode correct? All the v8 besides manuals get this.
The SRT ECO mode is more than just the MDS for 4 cyl mode. I've read this mode make your car start in 2nd speed on the A8 when at a stop and change all the transmission shifting point to gain even more mileage.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
The SRT ECO mode is more than just the MDS for 4 cyl mode. I've read this mode make your car start in 2nd speed on the A8 when at a stop and change all the transmission shifting point to gain even more mileage.
Considering that I average about 18mpg this would be very beneficial.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just ordered one thanks to this terrific post. I hope the OP is getting some kick back from the vendor because I'd bet his sales just doubled.

I can't wait to see what the OP buys next month...
Thanks for the post, I would have never found this product otherwise.
+1 He sold me on it 100%. As a new MOPAR guy, I never knew this existed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ECO definitely works. It feels like it strips the car of 100 h.p.
My R/T Plus I can't tell a difference with ECO on or off. I'll know Friday at fill up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I should have mine on friday and I have a 15 RT Plus without the track pack. If someone doesn't answer some of the questions asked by then I will fill in the RT Plus guys once I get it done. I also have the latest Uconnect update so we'll see how it responds to that.
So specifically what questions? As I've read through this, I've answered the questions for people with RT Plus 5.7 A8, no STP, 8.4AN radio with latest update or did I miss something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
How does a person go back to factory settings in case of taking vehicle in for warranty work? Is this possible? Or once this computer upgrade happens it is in the car for good?

61 - 80 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.