Dodge Challenger Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1221 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
NoESP, for Scat Packs

Three things we want:

1. the Scat Pack Bee start up splash screen.

2. Have MDS disabled in Custom and Tack modes, like they are on the SRT

3. Track traction mode active on Scat Packs

T/Y.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Per the magnusson act, a car manufacturer can't void the entire warranty for an aftermarket modification, only for a warranty claim that they can determine was caused by the mod. So if you throw a rod through the side of the engine block from that 150 shot, you'll probably be told that it's not covered. It would be a stretch to trace the tazer back to any failure, the only way really is if you tell the dealer about it or leave it in the car with SRT pages enabled in a non SRT car or something like that. Even then, they can't deny that fault driveshaft coupler or leaky radiator for something completely unrelated like an electronic tweak.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Awesome reply. Thanks. I will look further into the tazer then!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Am I the only one that frequently checks the zautotech website to see if an update is available? Not because it NEEDS an update but because Im interested in what @noesp will do next!! I tell every Mopar owner about this little device.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am interested in the Tazer and would like to get more info. on it! The zautotech website sucks and Youtube has next to nothing on it! I do not think it is worth $250.00 maybe $150.00 with the next to nothing as far as info. lets see some videos!! Show me all that it can do! Sell it to me!! It is your Co. put something on video!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
195 Posts
I am interested in the Tazer and would like to get more info. on it! The zautotech website sucks and Youtube has next to nothing on it! I do not think it is worth $250.00 maybe $150.00 with the next to nothing as far as info. lets see some videos!! Show me all that it can do! Sell it to me!! It is your Co. put something on video!! Thanks!
I am very interested in tazer as well however its going to cost me ever more as I am in Canada. I wish it was a little chaper :'(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sounds like you are just lazy. The operating instructions are posted on his web site if you bother to look. Can be downloaded and read. Then you will know everything it can do and have a basic idea of how it works. I read that whole thing before I bought one.

For $250 , I was sold at "can be used as a Line Lock". Everything else is just icing on the cake, so to speak.

I don't think many of you know what a pain it is to install a conventional line lock and get the brake lines not to leak and properly bleed the brakes afterward, wire up the Solinoid etc etc. $250 is a GIFT in this respect. Take my word for it.

No updates in the near future that I know of. I know Joe was working on getting the TaZer to shift the A8's for drag racing. Which will be huge. But for now he only has part of the programming figured out. AND, he has a full time job, 4 kids and a wife and has to RENT a car to test things on. So, be patient. Please.

Also you Guys, please be realistic in your wants and wishes. TaZer can only do so much and some of these ideas will never be able to be done because of physical or electrical impossibilities.

S O R R Y !

·
Registered
107 Posts

If you read through this thread you'll find a good bit of information on what all it can do for the Scat Packs. Track Mode, line lock, light show, etc are just some of the cool features you get

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I agree with dragrcr. I was about ready to return mine until I tried the line lock. It is worth the price alone. What it saves in rear brake wear and tear alone will pay for it. The SRT pages with track mode increase the upshift quickness considerably it seems. All of the various modes are spelled out in the instruction pages which I printed and keep in the car.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sounds like you are just lazy. The operating instructions are posted on his web site if you bother to look. Can be downloaded and read. Then you will know everything it can do and have a basic idea of how it works. I read that whole thing before I bought one.

For $250 , I was sold at "can be used as a Line Lock". Everything else is just icing on the cake, so to speak.

I don't think many of you know what a pain it is to install a conventional line lock and get the brake lines not to leak and properly bleed the brakes afterward, wire up the Solinoid etc etc. $250 is a GIFT in this respect. Take my word for it.

No updates in the near future that I know of. I know Joe was working on getting the TaZer to shift the A8's for drag racing. Which will be huge. But for now he only has part of the programming figured out. AND, he has a full time job, 4 kids and a wife and has to RENT a car to test things on. So, be patient. Please.

Also you Guys, please be realistic in your wants and wishes. TaZer can only do so much and some of these ideas will never be able to be done because of physical or electrical impossibilities.

S O R R Y !

Personally I bought the Tazer for what it currently does. But the fact that we have seen several updates already that have improved the offering makes me appreciate the value even more.

I also understand having a family and a full time job but trying to spend time on a "hobby" like this. It isn't easy juggling all of it and sometimes you fall off. I built a couple of iPhone apps a while ago and didn't keep up with them because of these reasons.

In other words, any updates are a bonus for me! Love the Tazer and very happy with the money spent on this one.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
I think the issue many are running into is "What will this do for MY car." It seems that the device does certain things for every car and some things based on your model and equipment package.

Performance pages showing up in some but not others, SRT pages for some, others it's just in the EVIC. Track mode, ECO mode, Valet mode.....these options work in some cars (Scats) but don't seem to work in others. (R/T) Some with Uconnect get a splash screen asking for the red key when their car is clearly not a Hellcat. Early on cars with STP behaved differently with the Tazer than those that did not have STP.

Autos and manuals seem to have different available options as well.

Can the designer of this product produce a list culled from user feedback as to what this device does for each model?

This would end the guess work and allow the consumer to make an informed purchase as to whether this device is worth their investment.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Can the designer of this product produce a list culled from user feedback as to what this device does for each model?
I believe he has done this in the user manual. It may not be as comprehensive as it should be but he does have models listed in the manual of which features may or may not work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm still around...

Got the tazer working on some other cars like the Jeep GC SRT, Durango. Worked on the light shows and ZPU recently (added a new random pattern show that's really cool).

I have at the top of my list to work on MDS, active exhaust, among other things. I'm trying to get my hands on the right diagnostic tools and then another rental car or local test vehicle. It takes time to get what I need, but eventually I will and I'll be able to release new firmware that benefits the SP owners. I never stop working on it, even when I don't have a car to use, I have a BCM and some other modules wired on the bench that I can experiment on.

Still contemplating whether I should just go buy myself a scat pack challenger already... It's what I'd like and my charger is getting old (good excuse).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just have a anti Windows mentality 😉
I realize this is an old comment and slightly off topic but...

You have an anti windows mentality yet are looking to purchase a device which would allow you to unlock extra functionality / customization on your car? lol. Sounds like you definitely have a windows mentality then.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
This thing is starting to get enough features to appeal to SRT owners. I may have missed it in the umpteen gazillion pages, but... what would really be nice for me is having the ability to have the car start up in the last settings used. Specifically, if I shut it down in Custom mode, I want it to start back up in Custom mode (as set previously). That way I don't have to double tap the SRT button to get Custom mode back every time I start it. Can it already do this?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I'm still around...

Got the tazer working on some other cars like the Jeep GC SRT, Durango. Worked on the light shows and ZPU recently (added a new random pattern show that's really cool).

I have at the top of my list to work on MDS, active exhaust, among other things. I'm trying to get my hands on the right diagnostic tools and then another rental car or local test vehicle. It takes time to get what I need, but eventually I will and I'll be able to release new firmware that benefits the SP owners. I never stop working on it, even when I don't have a car to use, I have a BCM and some other modules wired on the bench that I can experiment on.

Still contemplating whether I should just go buy myself a scat pack challenger already... It's what I'd like and my charger is getting old (good excuse).

anything like Performance pages in the Uconnect on non STP cars?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm still around...

You are located on Long Island right? I have a '16 Scat Pack....maybe we can work something out if you need a local test vehicle. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The TaZer cannot do this.

You already have the default mode setup that you can use. But you cannot default to track mode on the transmission, for instance. Dodge does not allow that for some reason. Probably a GOOD reason. But, you never know........
You can't select anything but Street for the transmission, which is my problem. I like to select Sport for the transmission and you can't do that in the default setup. It forces you to "Street" for the transmission.

Mike

361 - 380 of 1221 Posts