Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1221 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I believe some of the features remain once its unplugged so technically speaking you could hook a fellow SP owner up but you lose the Line Lock and something else when its unplugged.

One question I have and Im sure Ken may have already mentioned this... when I put it in track mode I can't get traction to go to Track... same in Custom mode. My traction stays in Sport. Either way, I drove it again last night and was very pleased with the Track setting regardless of traction.
The Scat Pack doesn't have the "capability" of "Track" mode traction. I set my custom mode to "Sport" traction. Track mode will attempt to move to "Track" traction, but you will receive an error. (Doesn't hurt anything)

"Track" traction is primarily for road course use and both Track and Sport both allow the same straight line static burnout.

The unit will need to remain plugged in for:

Line lock
Light show
Peak RPM

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine in today and I used it in a Dodge Challenger SXT plus A8. The SRT option worked and I got my car to display the SRT font without any issues! Also the SRT performance pages appeared on my uconnect after a couple of tries but now my car thinks it's a hellcat and won't let me use the track settings :/ (I'll keep trying and see if I can get it too work)The tazer came in with the latest update and the light show was fun to turn on.
I maybe wrong, but I think your confusing the SRT pages with the Performance Pages. SRT pages you can set launch control, Sport, Track, that stuff. The Performance Pages give you the gauges in the 8.4 screen. Same stuff you now get in the EVIC screen. I'm going to guess you don't see a Performance Pages menu item with the SXT, I don't with my R/T Plus. Please let me know if you do.
No I have the SRT Pages not the performance pages since my car only comes with a black key when I enter track or sport my car says I need the red key. (Thinking about buying a red key and see if that works). I also found a way to work around this issue. All I have to do is turn off the Set SRT mode and the SRT pages change to performance pages if I enter performance pages every option works for my car. The perfSet option on the tazer only places the SRT pages on the EVIC.... The STP OPTION GAVE ME THE SRT PAGES ON MY uconnect.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
The Scat Pack doesn't have the "capability" of "Track" mode traction. I set my custom mode to "Sport" traction. Track mode will attempt to move to "Track" traction, but you will receive an error. (Doesn't hurt anything)

"Track" traction is primarily for road course use and both Track and Sport both allow the same straight line static burnout.

The unit will need to remain plugged in for:

Line lock
Light show
Peak RPM
Odd, mine shows "Track Traction" and I get the message on my EVIC screen.

It does "feel" like there's less TC.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As far as the errors.. when i turn the car on and press STP the screen pops up on the uconnect.. then i hit the track mode option and the error pops up next to 'traction' and 'transmission'.. once that pops up i press and hold the disable traction control button for 7 seconds and the car beeps.. Then it says track mode is now active on both features that i was previously getting the error message on and the error message disappears.. it might be in my head but it seems to really snap and pull hard on all shifts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Odd, mine shows "Track Traction" and I get the message on my EVIC screen.

It does "feel" like there's less TC.
As far as the errors.. when i turn the car on and press STP the screen pops up on the uconnect.. then i hit the track mode option and the error pops up next to 'traction' and 'transmission'.. once that pops up i press and hold the disable traction control button for 7 seconds and the car beeps.. Then it says track mode is now active on both features that i was previously getting the error message on and the error message disappears.. it might be in my head but it seems to really snap and pull hard on all shifts

Just installed mine, found that you can control the traction with the traction (car w/squiggly lines) button, and this will change what's in the drive mode set up screens.
What pitchblackscat described doing is turning traction control off, which might be the same as SRT track mode. Have to play with mine some more. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
177 Posts
It definitely seems to work different for some people.. for example.. if i have the car in track mode and switch directly over to ECO mode the car will not shift into 8th gear as if it was still in track mode, no matter what speed i am at.. but if i switch back to default mode then back to ECO mode i will get full ECO function and allow the car to shift to 8th.. i have the little quirks mostly figured out on my car but i have a feeling that not all scat packs are reacting the same as mine

·
Registered
578 Posts
No I have the SRT Pages not the performance pages since my car only comes with a black key when I enter track or sport my car says I need the red key. (Thinking about buying a red key and see if that works). I also found a way to work around this issue. All I have to do is turn off the Set SRT mode and the SRT pages change to performance pages if I enter performance pages every option works for my car. The perfSet option on the tazer only places the SRT pages on the EVIC.... The STP OPTION GAVE ME THE SRT PAGES ON MY uconnect.
ok, I miss understood, and apparently still am...lol You say you changed the SRT pages to Performance Pages in the 8.4? I'm not following how you did that. I can get the SRT pages, and it sounds like they work the way yours does, but when I turn off the SetSRT nothing changes except the EVIC font. Can you describe a little with a little more detail of you have set and not set, and the order. I'm old and slow....lol
Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
All the SRT set does is switch the Font to SRT Set. It's worth it, more info on the Gauges, like indicator numbers, and the gauges look better. The performance pages all work except 2 issuses. Incorrect! the SRT set allows the SRT track modes on the 8A!! Corrected. As a matter of fact, the ONLY thing i switched on was SRT set, then work within that set.

1. The obviously not enabled track traction mode. No big deal, but would be nice to have a 1 button traction 'off' adjust. Not there now, just push the sport traction button. Or turn traction off, 8 sec hold there though.

2. Sport mode kills MDS, but Custom and Track mode do not.

So, if your going to race, there is no ideal button that sets it up right, though the MDS mode won't come on during the race, it being on as you cruise around is an annoyance. Sport mode disables it, just like the standard scat pack pages, so there no 'Loss' in capability,, and the Valet mode is ice cold cool, car becomes a super dog! and Valet is pin code protected!. Love it. Eco mode seems cool too. All in all, not 'perfect' but worth it for the SRT set, Valet mode, eco mode, and you 'can' use the Track trans mode if you can understand the MDS will kick in when cruising.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
My MDS is off due to my tune. However I reenabled it after reading BlackSE's post and deve while in track mode to verify.
At least for me, while I'm in track mode the MDS does NOT come on.
There's 2 ways for me to enable track mode:
I can hit Super Track Mode and then enable it on the pages when it comes up, or I can go to the SRT pages in the U Connect and enable it from there.
Either way, MDS does not come on.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
what's your build date, YLWJKT? :guiness:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Anyone know if the Tazer effects the start up animation on Scat pack (Bee), or Shaker cars?
Also how do you return it to original for when you have to take your car in to the dealer for warranty service?

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, I miss understood, and apparently still am...lol You say you changed the SRT pages to Performance Pages in the 8.4? I'm not following how you did that. I can get the SRT pages, and it sounds like they work the way yours does, but when I turn off the SetSRT nothing changes except the EVIC font. Can you describe a little with a little more detail of you have set and not set, and the order. I'm old and slow....lol
Thanks
Yeah I'm sorry about that lol.... Let's start over so I can clear things up. When I first got my tazer didn't have performance pages or the SRT pages. After setting the SRT option and the performance option I gained the SRT layout and the extra goodies on the EVIC but no pages on the uconnect. After a few try's I got the SRT pages on my uconnect but my car now thinks it's a hellcat and asks for a red key. So I kept playing with the tazer and when I turned on the SPT on the tazer and turned off the Set SRT the SRT pages changed to the performance pages. That's the only work around I found if u never had the performance pages in your car... Works the same as the SRT pages but now the car won't ask for a red key, but u lose the Eco, valet and the SRT font if you change to performance pages. For now I'm thinking about getting a red key and programming it for my car but that's another $200 I need to spend lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know if the Tazer effects the start up animation on Scat pack (Bee), or Shaker cars?
Also how do you return it to original for when you have to take your car in to the dealer for warranty service?

Thanks, Ron
If you enable the SRT pages, yes it is changed to the default challenger logo on the dash, with the SRT splash on the center stack. It can be reverted simply by disabling the SRT pages.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Yeah I'm sorry about that lol.... Let's start over so I can clear things up. When I first got my tazer didn't have performance pages or the SRT pages. After setting the SRT option and the performance option I gained the SRT layout and the extra goodies on the EVIC but no pages on the uconnect. After a few try's I got the SRT pages on my uconnect but my car now thinks it's a hellcat and asks for a red key. So I kept playing with the tazer and when I turned on the SPT on the tazer and turned off the Set SRT the SRT pages changed to the performance pages. That's the only work around I found if u never had the performance pages in your car... Works the same as the SRT pages but now the car won't ask for a red key, but u lose the Eco, valet and the SRT font if you change to performance pages. For now I'm thinking about getting a red key and programming it for my car but that's another $200 I need to spend lol
So with an R/T or SXT not scat pack non Super Track Pack this can give you the dodge performance pages on the 8.4" screen. If that is fact then this is perfect because I have the R/T Plus, and I would love the performance pages, since it is not an SRT I have no interest in those.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So with an R/T or SXT not scat pack non Super Track Pack this can give you the dodge performance pages on the 8.4" screen. If that is fact then this is perfect because I have the R/T Plus, and I would love the performance pages, since it is not an SRT I have no interest in those.
Thank you!
Yes that's correct! If u never had the performance pages it unlocks them for you. You can also get the SRT pages on the EVIC screen to stay so u can have more goodies to play with..... In your case I would turn on the Perfset option and the STP option on the tazer to get what you want.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
I have a '15 R/T A8 with super track pack so I have the performance pages. It sounds like if I install this device it will think my car is a hellcat and not allow the use of track mode, valet mode, eco mode. Is anyone able to get these three different modes that have a setup similar to mine? Is there a work around? Has the company made a statement regarding a fix?

If these three modes will work it's a solid buy for me. Without them, it's a deal breaker.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had the Tazer installed on my scat pack A8 for a few days now and I'm loving it thus far. It took me a while to adapt to the SRT street version. The street/default version seems to be softer and smoother than the scat pack default setting. Its almost like the SRT street tranny setting allows the TC to slip longer than before or not lock as quickly. It is definitely a smoother ride during stop and go traffic. SRT Sport is not as aggressive as SP Sport, however SRT Track is utter bliss as I pull through the gears...I changed the traction setting to "sport" on the track and sport settings so that I don't have to see the "car not equipped" warning indicator.
If you are like me and have a 60+ mile daily commute, then the ECO setting is for you. Based upon conservative figures, the ECO setting will pay for the Tazer in less than two years. I'm seeing about a 2 MPG increase overall. I used the track setting religiously over the weekend, which gobbled up that 2 MPG.

In short, ECO for the freeway, Sport for the streets and Track for Friday nights. Great find, thanks for posting this Ken!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had mine in track mode yesterday, with the traction set to sport manualy by pressing the traction button. Was able to lay down two 30' strips and was just starting to move sideways when i let off. chips them on the 1st to 2nd shift. To make a beast, just go track mode, and full disable of traction control, which i think is pretty much the same as SRT Track traction mode. :guiness:

Fun- Valet made is pure dog. like 100 hp. Sorry Feris valets... lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is out there but does anyone in the GTA (Brampton if possible) with the tazer?

I would like to see it in action before I decide to get it.

thanks

101 - 120 of 1221 Posts