Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest TaZer firmware dropped a few minutes ago and I feel we should start a new thread due to some of the changes incorporated with it's new One Touch Return to Stock (Marry Feature)

Secret TaZer Discount code "workplaydrive"

Instructional Videos
I was able to get an advanced copy from zAutomotive for testing and the creation of my instructional videos. The Upgrade process is a little different this time around.

• Upgrade to Version 2.3.2 to fix all bugs that prevent you from returning to stock
  • Return all settings to stock
  • Upgrade to Version 2.4
  • Marry to Vehicle (downloads your stock settings to the TaZer)
  • Enjoy the features

New Features in 2.4

• One touch return to stock - Download Factory settings to your tazer, for one-touch return to stock configurations
  • Auto-Drive Mode (16+ SCAT/SRT/HELLCAT): Vehicle will be able to start in whichever Drive mode selection you would like (Sport/Custom/Track/Default)
  • Auto- Drive mode (15+ SXT/RT): Vehicle will be able to start in Sport Mode
  • Auto-Drive Mode (12+ Durango/Jeep GC): vehicle will be able to start in sport mode/auto turn traction control off
  • Auto Start/Stop Disable (15+ Durango/ Jeep GC) : Automatically disable Auto Start/Stop when the car is started if desired
  • Modify Tire Size: Corrects speedometer for non-factory tire size
  • Modify Tire Pressure: Corrects TPMS for lower or higher tire pressure (FRONT/Rear)
  • IN-Motion (2017) - Enter address into your GPS unit while the car is in motion
  • Easy Exit Seating (2015+ Challenger/Charger): upon vehicle shut off. Steering wheel and seat will go to further position for easy vehicle exit
  • Updated Button Mapping: COOL DOWN MODE Now added to button mapping feature / Drive Modes to work even with eco mode on*
  • Line lock update (16+ Scat/SRT/HELLCAT): Vehicle Will automatically go into custom drive mode once line lock is released
  • Auto-reboot – no need to wait for vehicle shut-down and manually reboot radio before settings take place. This is now all automatic (most cars)
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EDIT: Can you confirm what the stock settings are supposed to be for 2.3.2?

MAH DUDE
It's different for each trim level and in my case different completely because I have one of the first scat packs without the bee splash screen. if you have trouble remembering your settings their support should be able to assist. They take these requests all the time which is why they made the one Press return to stock feature :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,727 Posts
I take it steering wheel and seat returns to last setting on start? Only one setting allowed?

A Guy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ooh so interesting, I was watching your video's yesterday. I was thinking to myself, "If only you could automatically have the car start up in Track mode to keep the Exhaust wide open all the time, instead of pushing a button. I'd rather push a button to get it into normal or Eco, then to do the reverse.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,234 Posts
Sigh...seems 2015 6M Scats are left out, again...

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
It's different for each trim level and in my case different completely because I have one of the first scat packs without the bee splash screen. if you have trouble remembering your settings their support should be able to assist. They take these requests all the time which is why they made the one Press return to stock feature :)
Reason I asked is because on 2.3.1, the default changed.

Drv Mode used to be OFF by default, but if I did that after 2.3.1, it would prevent me from using my paddle shifters and sport mode would lack the traction setting.

I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Autosport mode and Trac Kill!

So what happens if you do not set factory defaults when you make the switch to 2.4 FW?

When you marry to a car it allows access to all the menus and unlockable features. Because the TaZer will marry to your car and take a snap shot of the current state it will assume that is your stock setting. When you unmarry it will return the car to that state. You will not be able to return your car to stock manually because when you unmarry it will just return your car to the state you married it to.

hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, fan of your youtube videos!
Thank you!

Ooh so interesting, I was watching your video's yesterday. I was thinking to myself, "If only you could automatically have the car start up in Track mode to keep the Exhaust wide open all the time, instead of pushing a button. I'd rather push a button to get it into normal or Eco, then to do the reverse.
Agreed and now it's a reality :)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
When you marry to a car it allows access to all the menus and unlockable features. Because the TaZer will marry to your car and take a snap shot of the current state it will assume that is your stock setting. When you unmarry it will return the car to that state. You will not be able to return your car to stock manually because when you unmarry it will just return your car to the state you married it to.

hope that makes sense...
Oh, I thought there was risk of bricking Uconnect or something.

OK now I see, you can marry the Tazer to whatever setting you had prior to the 2.4 firmware the only drawback is if they are not the stock settings and you need to go in for warranty service you can't go back to stock unless you unmarry, install firmware 2.3.2 and change the settings. Reason being, the 2.4 firmware will not let you change settings unless you marry the Tazer.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Well I just set my 15 RT+ M6 to factory setting with the 2.3.2 firmware. I decided to push my luck and updated the uconnect to the 17.11.07. After a little over 1/2hr (car sat in the garage on a battery charger and set to run) the uconnect updated. Checked to see if sport mode and sport steering worked and to my surprise they did (engine gets a kick when I hit the sport button and steering is firm indicating to me sport works). I then upgraded the tazer to 2.4 and married it to the car. I then turned on STP & PerfP and it looks like performance pages is now working. The real test is to see if it will still be there tomorrow morning...I am not too optimistic though but it would totally make my Friday. The only thing different this time is when performance pages was loading (greyed out) I tapped it and it said no active uconnect account and to resubscribe with uconnect (something along those lines). Never said that before. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Watching…………. Cool stuff!!!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
UPDATE again:

So get in the car after work, start it up and still no sport mode. Can press the button and no flag or bump in acceleration. Half way home, performance pages go blank and no longer shows up as an app. This was the longest I have ever had it working. Usually it would work for maybe 15mins or until I shut down the car. Honestly, I am fine with no PP on the uconnect screen as all it shows me is the extra gauges and power/torque (no longer accurate as I have a SC). For the RT+ paying over $100 a year ain't work it.

I get home and unmarry the Tazer and pressing the sport mode now shows the flag but a test drive indicates it is not working (don't get that bump when I press it). Looks like I have to wait for the OTA patch (available for only for the 2015 manuals). Despite this experience I must say that I do like the new auto traction control disable feature (can't wait for the sport mode to work again as that would be auto as well). I know I originally said that sport mode was working with the update but no it seems as that was wishful thinking. When I test drove the car the night before, it was still cold and the bump I was feeling was most likely due to the car warming up (tends to buck a little at cold temps). This time the are was warmed up and I tried at slow, medium speeds and pressing the button does nada. Without the sport mode and even with the SC, the car is not as peppy. Oh well, at least I now can update the Nav maps...although probably won't do that until spring of next year.

Well I just set my 15 RT+ M6 to factory setting with the 2.3.2 firmware. I decided to push my luck and updated the uconnect to the 17.11.07. After a little over 1/2hr (car sat in the garage on a battery charger and set to run) the uconnect updated. Checked to see if sport mode and sport steering worked and to my surprise they did (engine gets a kick when I hit the sport button and steering is firm indicating to me sport works). I then upgraded the tazer to 2.4 and married it to the car. I then turned on STP & PerfP and it looks like performance pages is now working. The real test is to see if it will still be there tomorrow morning...I am not too optimistic though but it would totally make my Friday. The only thing different this time is when performance pages was loading (greyed out) I tapped it and it said no active uconnect account and to resubscribe with uconnect (something along those lines). Never said that before. I will keep you all posted.
UPDATE:

So this morning I start up the car and to my surprise the performance page app was still there and worked all the way to work (see attachment). One other thing I noticed that traction control was off shortly after starting the car. I guess by default both the sport mode and traction control turn on automatically when you start the car (tazer must be plugged in). Here is the kicker, my sport mode no longer works. Press the button and nothing happens. WTF! It was working after the update and after I married the Tazer. :soapbox: I am going to try and unmarry the tazer later today to see if sport comes back. Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about 17 and 18 392 TAs...same features as scatpacks?

FCA blocked unauthorized access via the ODBII port for 2018. They are finishing off a new product that will connect to the canbus in the trunk. it wall also be backwards compatible with over models (I believe 15+) so anyone who wants to free up the ODBII port for data logging will most likely want the new one ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I understand your issue correctly... From what I've see with SOME others if the uConnect is setup and attached to your online account and you let your subscription expire they will take away access to performance pages. You will need to remove the car from your online account and also reset your uConnect to disassociate it with your online account to get performance pages to return.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts