Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
605 Posts
There is always a chance that aftermarket electronics will create an undesired draw. My Tazer has been installed in the double bypass in the trunk for the past 2 years with no ill effects.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
677 Posts
yeah I have a glitch using cool down mode. When I shut it off, the dash lights keep going on and off every couple of minutes saying, "Press brake and push button...." until the battery goes dead or I open the trunk and unplug the Tazer.
Same issue here as well as some issues with Linelock not working at random. Since I don't go around doing smoke shows (can't afford the tires or tickets for that) it's hard to verify - but always happens at the track. Zauto exchanged my tazer with a newer model (mine was from 2017). I have not tested much to see if things are better, but linelock seems to be more reliable so far.

I am still on my original uconnect firmware. Every time I punched my vin in it said I was up-to-date, but I was getting notices on the screen that I needed to update. Now FCA has send me the little disposable usb and instructions. I put that in the glove box for the next owner.

With all of the issues people have had losing drive modes and stability, I'm not going to update the uconnect.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,756 Posts
All I can say is on the 2015-2016 models, which lost sport mode due to a firmware update, the only way to get it back was to apply the next revision of firmware. So if you already lost your sport mode, might as well try to apply the latest version. Although before applying any firmware it is a good idea to unmarry the tazer. I usually forget but have yet to have any issues.

On a side note, I had a buddy with a 2015 charger SXT that bought a new module with a sport button and had the tazer successfully add sport mode. Even confirmed the BCM configuration changed using AlfaOBD. For a while he kept getting a flashing ABS whenever he would activate sport mode and it turns out tazer had line lock programmed to the sport button by default. Once he remapped the line lock function and confirmed sport mode was mapped to the sport button everything worked as it should.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,756 Posts
FYI on my 2015 RT+ (non-STP) if enable STP my factory sport mode button does not funciton. This is something I mentioned to Zauto amost a year ago and they have yet to mention a fix. So, I just keep STP disabled and all is good.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
677 Posts
FYI on my 2015 RT+ (non-STP) if enable STP my factory sport mode button does not funciton. This is something I mentioned to Zauto amost a year ago and they have yet to mention a fix. So, I just keep STP disabled and all is good.
You can just re-map sport mode to the sport button.....

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,756 Posts
You can just re-map sport mode to the sport button.....
Yeah, but STP does not add anything new...at least on my year and trim. Some say it is needed to get PP to work on the uconnect head but doesn't work as uconnect quickly kills the app after one cycle.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I have a question for all the TaZEr users (Myself being one but not very bright).
I just ordered the Auxiliary buttons and want to know if I program "Sport" mode to one of them if the "Sport" button on my center stack will still work. I am hoping so as I really don't want to lose it on my center stack.

Incidentally, since I have a 2015 and I bought it in April of 2015 so no need for warranty I unmarried my Tazer and set it back to stock then use AlfaOBD to turn on all the settings I had before (PP in the EVIC) so now if I marry it I assume it would make my current settings the default settings when I unmarry it. Is this correct?

Incidentally would anyone who may have an R/T, Automatic Transmission, with Super Track Pack that uses AlfaOBD be willing to do a stock BCM and ABS read? @ChallyTatum is trying to build a data base of stock BCM reads.

Also needed would be SXTs with and without STP

Scat Pack Manual
Scat Pack Auto

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
677 Posts
Yes, your sport button will work. You can also reprogram it to do a different feature. Basically you get 4 programmable buttons. 3 on the wheel and the sport button.

Also try double-clicking the super track pack button on your car and see what happens - if you have that button.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Yes, your sport button will work. You can also reprogram it to do a different feature. Basically you get 4 programmable buttons. 3 on the wheel and the sport button.

Also try double-clicking the super track pack button on your car and see what happens - if you have that button.
No No STP button, car did not come with it, If I can get a good BCM read from a STP car (RT with an Automatic) I will see if I can get "Launch Mode" to work with AlfaOBD and might put that in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,756 Posts
Not sure if STP (just launches the performance control app.) can be mapped to the aux buttons. My buddy with a charger SXT installed a center stack controller with a sport button (his car did not come with sport mode) and every time he would press the sport mode button his IP cluster would show an ABS error. Turns out he had the sport mode button programmed to one of the AUX buttons. Might not be a problem with challengers but just giving you a heads up.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts