Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have any issues trying to get hold of support or help trying to diagnose something? Obviously, I took the chance of trying it and probably something I did but can't get back to stock. I was told the bcm config file is bad and to read using the software and write back. That did not work with the 2.04 version and the version 2.05 that was released today. Could someone give some insight in to what I may be missing?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Anyone ever have any issues trying to get hold of support or help trying to diagnose something? Obvious I took the chance of trying it and probably something I did but cant get back to stock. I was told the bcm config file is bad and to read using the software and write back. That did not work with the 2.04 version and the version 2.05 that was released today. Could someone give some insight in to what I may be missing?
Are you referring to the program utility ZPU? I only see 2.0.4 available on their site.
https://zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/

What the....when you click download it shows 2.0.5 EXE downloading?!

·
Registered
394 Posts
My guess is you installed the 2.0.4 on a system that already had 2.0.2 on it. If you go to help/about (the ? ) in the upper right does it show the 2.0.4 version?
If not delete the folder it was installed in default is program files (86)\Zautomotive and reinstall the 2.0.4 installer even though the exe says 2.0.5. If that does not work you need to get ahold of them. However the utilities says bcm and gives read\write options you getting the bcm error says there could be something in the new options not fully baked yet. That would also explain the 2.04 version number and the 2.05 download. The 2.0.4 version does however also state the latest version is still 2.4.1 for the tazer firmware??

Ron

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just going by what they have told to me do. I was told to uninstall the program but if deleting that folder also might have helped did not know. I was also told that there was an update to the program but any information as to where to download , what was changed or anything. My frustration is the length of time it takes to get a hold of anyone and when knowing a customer is frustrated and going to be without there car expected more. Maybe I should maybe not. I started the conversation on Sunday with Allan on which I appreciated but all of Monday was just lacking. Im hoping today I might get more help to get my car back to normal to drive it. While what the product did was great it my frustration that is getting the best of me and wished the customer service could have been better. This is the main reason for turning to the forum in hopes someone else might be going through something similar and get more information.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Zauto's response time is slow. I sent them an email several weeks ago explaining some issues (very minor and I can work around or without it) and never heard back. Funny thing is the website has changed it's look twice in the past couple of months.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just afraid to drive my car with the amount of lights on ( traction control, abs , my dome lights were flashing, blind spot monitoring down and a few others). At this point I would just like help getting my car back to normal and return the product. It was great what it did and Ill be sad to see it go but if I ever have problems in the future dont want this headache to get things resolved. Like I said it may have been my lack of knowledge or following directions but hoped the support would have been better.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Well the uconnect radios themselves have issues (2015-1026 have software issues and it looks like 2017-2018 are having hardware and software issues) and I am guess zauto has been having a field day trying to figure out how to get their product to work reliably on these units. Hope you get this resolved soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Im up and running and my car had to be the one with a bug and Uconnect. Ended up taking a line by line of the BCM and writing the file. Appreciate Zautomotive getting me back and running again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts