Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have pulled the fuse many time... i have a diablo trinity, and have reset with that many times...recently i have been working on my audio system and have been pulling the main battery cable and reattaching ,and leaving overnight disconnected (to reassure access to the trunk) , since i had some issues...finally put it all back together and cruised to the store...after the light turned green on the first stop,i got a lil sideways w/out intention...so i decided to do some untimely pulls, ...seat of pants factor +25% easy!!! just thought id post...not looking to be belittled from the super mod crew...

·
Registered
968 Posts
So are you saying that disconnecting the battery gets better results than pulling the fuse?

Theoretically it should be the same as clearing the TCM adaptation/pulling the fuse.

·
Registered
968 Posts
noo I know you are right, I just didnt understand your post completely.

killing the battery for a while should wipe the fuse memory too. as long as it drives better, that's a good thing!

·
Banned
349 Posts
Well, I must admit I've read several of these fuse pulling threads and I have been quite the skeptic. I guess tomorrow I am going to break down and give in and give it a try. I am the ultimate skeptic on this stuff and convinced 99% of this stuff is placebo, but oh well, I'll give it a shot and maybe even I will buy into the placebo effect. Might be fun....

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Well, I must admit I've read several of these fuse pulling threads and I have been quite the skeptic. I guess tomorrow I am going to break down and give in and give it a try. I am the ultimate skeptic on this stuff and convinced 99% of this stuff is placebo, but oh well, I'll give it a shot and maybe even I will buy into the placebo effect. Might be fun....
Well there are adaptives. The car is constantly adjusting to how you drive so if you drive like an old woman then it will start to become sluggish. Resetting the adaptives puts it back to the factory starting point so if your car has become sluggish it may feel like you increased performance. But if you continue to drive like an old woman its going to go right back. If you constantly rag on it or treat every stop light like its a race then resetting may make no difference.

my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts