Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Looking for advice or experience on an issue with my 2013 dodge Challenger rt classic 5speed auto/manual.

So I've been having issues with my TCM losing connection only when i put my foot down for a full throttle/wot pull. That's the only time it happens. If i casually accelerate to any speed it's fine. All gears are fine to go to. So it's quite a phenomenon. It's pulled the code U0101 before when it happens, other than that no codes what so ever.

I pull the #2 fuse when it happens in order to restart the tcm all together so i can drive again.

So I've reset the tcm adaptation through my i2 intune, I've tried to recalibrate the tcm through the pedal, and also changed the fuse it self.

It could be a solenoid or the accelerator pedal sensor but not sure.

Trying to get some good datalogging done for my tune, so anything helps.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,310 Posts
What is your system voltage when this happens? According to online chiltons service manual U0101 can be caused by drop in system voltage.

Possible Causes
DTCs RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM) POWER AND GROUND
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) DTCs PRESENT
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)
ANTI-LOCK BRAKES SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ChallyTatum asked my tuner and he said it's normal voltage. He saw alot of knocking which is all he could find.
Of course that would be the case with no tcm connection.

The red bolt always goes off when it happens but only sometimes a code to show for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts