Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I got a unlocked PCM from Diablosport got a TCM/PCM tune from Jay Greene. My transmission blew and I had to replace it. I left the unlocked PCM in the car but I reverted the car back to factory settings. They couldn’t use the old TCM from the messed up transmission how do I go about tuning it again? I assume I can’t use the same TCM tune? (2019 Charger Scatpack)

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
I thought the TCM for the ZF 8 speeds wasnt separate like it was for the NAG1s. It was integrated into the trans itself. As such I would think you could use the same TCM tune as before, you just have to load it. I could be incorrect on that, but that’s how I understood it to work on the ZF.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the TCM for the ZF 8 speeds wasnt separate like it was for the NAG1s. It was integrated into the trans itself. As such I would think you could use the same TCM tune as before, you just have to load it. I could be incorrect on that, but that’s how I understood it to work on the ZF.
It is in the transmission. The thing is the other one broke and has metal shavings in it. But if it didn’t have metal shavings in it you are able to remove the old tcm from the transmission and put it on the new one. But I couldn’t do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts