Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks very nice. I am happy to be on the preorder list. Thank you for making an alternative to the Hurst.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Looking GREAT Dave, looking great! I have never been so excited about a product for any car I've had before. I think it will even exceed peoples already high expectations. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Looking GREAT Dave, looking great! I have never been so excited about a product for any car I've had before. I think it will even exceed peoples already high expectations. :bigthumb:
I have a feeling this says a lot about the stock shifter :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks Great!!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have a feeling this says a lot about the stock shifter :)
You know, for normal everyday, point A to point B driving the stock shifter is fine. It looks great especially with the pistol grip handle. However, once you push your car harder towards it's limits the shifter is sloppy, imprecise and does not inspire confidence. It's just not made for speed shifting very well and the throws are very long. With the Barton there's no way to miss a gear and the throw will be almost half the distance from the stock shifter.

Having owned a short throw shifter on previous cars, it just makes the driving experience more fun, more solid and direct, with more control. Even in normal driving the stiff satisfying "click click" of a short throw shifter is worth it's value in spades.

I'm especially excited because I have 100% confidence in Dave and his products. I know he is a true car guy who makes parts that he would use on his own ride. That says a lot IMO!

I've had the Hurst before, and this new shifter is better than it in every way. I don't have it yet but I can tell it's stronger, more R&D put into it, quieter than stock shifter, small business (yay!!) and of course made in America. This business Dave has reminds me of a dying breed of small good American business owners. I want to support them 100% to show that U.S. products can still be the best.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I cant wait! After all the negative points made of the Hurst shifter I retained the stock unit.

Now I am sold, made in america and the mustang crowd has noting but good to say about these.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
That's not just a shifter. It's a work of art! Thanks for designing something so awesome for our cars.:bowdown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts