Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased their 2015 CD? I am thinking of getting it and would like to know a little about it before dropping the cash.

Just wondering how comprehensive it is?

Ashton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I've planned on doing that sort of thing for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it. It is nice to be able to print out pages, and get them dirty, and throw them away without gunking up a book.

The price is higher than I'd like to pay, of course. Does anyone else sell the same manual? It's worth looking into, since they sell the owners manuals for $38 when they can be downloaded from Chrysler for free.

i'd be sure to check with a dealership and site vendor like Steve White to see if they have something available, too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I bought mine through them for my 13'. It is very comprehensive...if you know where to look for everything. Some systems are under odd headings but beyond that, it was a great investment. I went from being slightly nervous on removing and replacing certain components in my garage to having all the information and confidence you could ever need (not to sound like a bad commercial).

Great to have every single torque spec too.

Any questions, let me know.
Regards

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
I bought the 2015 CD. It's ok but lacks electrical schematics and some of the removal procedures lack images...definitely not as complete as my 2002 liberty service manual. I got it primarily for torque specs, fluid capacities, and body panel removal procedures.

BTW the disc contains info on all models...SP, SXT, Hellcat which is kind of nice to see how the models vary.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,218 Posts
I had it for my 2010 R/T, as other's said it's ok but I didn't think it was all that great for the money. You might want to try this one for a bit less money SRM Service Repair Manuals I don't have it but have heard that it is very similar to the Techauthority one.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
I had it for my 2010 R/T, as other's said it's ok but I didn't think it was all that great for the money. You might want to try this one for a bit less money SRM Service Repair Manuals I don't have it but have heard that it is very similar to the Techauthority one.
$89 not bad...I wonder if it has more content than TA? Alldata is another source but it is subscription based. I used it for a year~$29 on a different vehicle and it had info like TSB and recalls. I would PDF sections that I typically used.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/index.html

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,451 Posts
I bought the 2015 CD. It's ok but lacks electrical schematics and some of the removal procedures lack images...definitely not as complete as my 2002 liberty service manual. I got it primarily for torque specs, fluid capacities, and body panel removal procedures.

BTW the disc contains info on all models...SP, SXT, Hellcat which is kind of nice to see how the models vary.
I bought one for my 2014 from the dealer, and it is like yours, no schematics, and it has no parts break down, but it does have references to go to the schematics. I am not happy with it, and it was expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Poor compared to GM service manuals but it is better than nothing. As mentioned the newer manuals do not have electrical schematics which is a huge ripoff. My '09 manual does have the electrical schematics so you are now getting 1/2 the content for the same price.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
It really sucks that if you're not using the worst malware ever unleashed on mankind (Windows) you can't access these discs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
On my 2017 TA service manual it is even worse. not only do you have to use Windows but you must use Internet Explorer also. Does not work on Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser. But yes it is nice to be able to print out the pages to take to the dealer with you for warranty issues. Came in handy when they told me to take my TA home and reset the Homelink when I had a bad channel. I just pulled out the page and said "See right here....to troubleshoot the Homelink you MUST use a RF meter."

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have the one for my 13 and I must agree with the others, it only works on windows 7 and older computers, I only have window's 10 machines in my house, very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
On my 2017 TA service manual it is even worse. not only do you have to use Windows but you must use Internet Explorer also. Does not work on Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser. But yes it is nice to be able to print out the pages to take to the dealer with you for warranty issues. Came in handy when they told me to take my TA home and reset the Homelink when I had a bad channel. I just pulled out the page and said "See right here....to troubleshoot the Homelink you MUST use a RF meter."
They have only worked with IE since at least 2009 when I bought the manual for my SRT. Now I have to go into developer mode and emulate IE7 to make it work. A few more releases and I'm sure it will not work at all.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I have the one for my 13 and I must agree with the others, it only works on windows 7 and older computers, I only have window's 10 machines in my house, very frustrating.
You can probably make it work by hitting F12 when in IE to bring up developer mode. Pick IE7 under mode and user string. You might have to experiment with the settings. I can still make my 2009 CD work this way - for now.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
Yeah I have a 2017 Tech Authority CD, I got it thinking there would be wiring schematics...nope!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts