Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you order a hellcat with technology group delete. I do not want forward collision protection. Last thing I want is car reacting for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can you order a hellcat with technology group delete. I do not want forward collision protection. Last thing I want is car reacting for me.
I think it warns you, not react for you. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it warns you, not react for you. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm right.
On top gear when they tested it out on a jeep it actually stopped the car. Well at least when hammond stood in front of the car. When they tried it on another car it actually hit the car.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Pretty sure the Hellcat doesn't get any of those Radar or Laser sensors because there
is no room anywhere in the grille areas.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can see the collision detection sensors on the rear bumper though.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Those are just the back up sensors.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I believe it only works with the cruise control on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
in that picture the car on the right has it. it's the large eye thing in the center of the lower grill. some hellcats have had it some haven't. I very much hope you can get it without it. it's fing annoying in my jeep.

·
Registered
90 Posts
in that picture the car on the right has it. it's the large eye thing in the center of the lower grill. some hellcats have had it some haven't. I very much hope you can get it without it. it's fing annoying in my jeep.
The one on the right has it but it isn't a Hellcat, it's a 392.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts

The thing in the center is the Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor. No Hellcat has it. Only the regular SRT's and lower
down the model line get ACC. There is no place on the Hellcat to mount the sensor that doesn't impact air flow
to the beast that is the 6.2.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2015 Dodge challenger SRT feature availability listed it as standard on hellcat and optional on SRT. Could they mount it in the right inner headlight?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it does come on the Hellcat (we'll find out 100% when deliveries start)...

1. It beeps and flashes the display when cruise control is off.
2. It will only slow / stop the car when cruise is on and set.
3. You can change sensitivity and other options on the 8.4" UConnect screen.
4. You can use cruise control without it.

My own personal experience with it is that it's not invasive on the least sensitivity / distance setting, and it's actually caught me once or twice when slowing in traffic and I check the mirrors or otherwise glance away from traffic.

·
Registered
16,866 Posts
Isn't that still a form of "collision detection"?

I don't have one on my 392, so I don't know.
Don't think so, the 2015 will have both the rear parking sensors AND a camera on most models.

The 2015 Dodge challenger SRT feature availability listed it as standard on hellcat and optional on SRT. Could they mount it in the right inner headlight?
There are some mistakes on that, don't think the HC will have it.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Isn't that still a form of "collision detection"?

I don't have one on my 392, so I don't know.
I thought you were taking about the forward collision warning, which the hellcat won't have, just like it won't have the adaptive cruise.

It will have the rear parking sensors and backup camera, which are awesome, I would never drive another car without it, now that we have had a few with them. Not sure if it will have blind spot monitoring, which if it does is awesome as well, also would never want a car without it again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought you were taking about the forward collision warning, which the hellcat won't have, just like it won't have the adaptive cruise.

It will have the rear parking sensors and backup camera, which are awesome, I would never drive another car without it, now that we have had a few with them. Not sure if it will have blind spot monitoring, which if it does is awesome as well, also would never want a car without it again.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f290/video-those-granite-hellcat-lovers-241498/

The video in this thread does show the guy driving in a Granite Hellcat and there are yellow triangular warning lights that light up on the side mirrors while he was driving on the highway.

So I think it does have blind spot monitoring. Unless that light is something else.

Skip to the 12:55 mark.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back up sensor will be interesting how well they work. On my camaro they are useless. They start screaming at me when I am mile away from anything.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Back up sensor will be interesting how well they work. On my camaro they are useless. They start screaming at me when I am mile away from anything.
They work well on the charger and jeep, the camera of course is the best feature vs the sensors

1 - 18 of 18 Posts