Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a refresh will happen again on more time before a full blown re-design ..either way tell them what you think.
Only tell what not to do again - not what to do. This way we don't have folks requesting non-realistic items like twin-turbos, 3,000 lb Challengers, etc.

Exterior:
1. Don't design another smiley face. You got it right in 2011 with the frown and screwed it up again.
2. Don't design thin halos. This is a big car. Make them thicker and the car will look better. Looks almost aftermarket as it is now.
2. Don't install something on the front grill that looks like a Radio Shack speaker. People should have been fired for this.
3. Don't design ugly hoods as the trim level goes up. The Demon hood is the worst looking hood in Mopar history. The Hellcat hood with the curvy ovaries is not far behind.
4. Don't design curvy spoilers for this car. It doesn't suit this car. You are producing the only retro muscle car in the world. Do your job. You got it right with the Hellcat and jipped everyone else.
5. Don't soften the edges of the car. The hard lines of the 11-14 makes it timeless. The Classic 68-70 Chargers, 70-71 Challengers, 70-74 Cudas all had the hard lines and are considered as the most beautiful muscle cars of all time.
6. Don't make the rear end look like it was rear ended.

Interior:
1. Don't design a dash that is the size of a water buffalo.
2. Don't design a auto shifter that looks like it is from Star Trek.

Just my opinions...lets hear yours

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the +15s for many reasons...A8, Great Motors, Tech, Interior finishes, and much more.. Just some cosmetic items that I think needs rework.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
-More Wheel Choices. You have plenty of wheel choices, quit ***** footing around and let us upgrade if we're willing to pay for it.

-Locking gas cap standard

-Quit hiding features from non-SRT vehicles. Eco/Track only for SRT? Really? This is idiotic at best, because no one is going to upgrade to SRT for those 2 modes but we're going to resent the shit out of you for software locking them from our cars. Get a ****ing clue.

-Hire someone competent to figure out infotainment/buttons. Why is my "mute" button a pause button? What's the point of a "back button" on the dash when the bloody screen is TOUCHSCREEN? This anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together should have figured out within 2 weeks of testing the car.

-Manual active exhaust control. I don't need my hand held 24/7 by a computer, I can decide if I want to be loud or quiet, thanks.

-Brighter Halos, they're barely visible during the day light, unlike the Chargers which can be seen a mile away at noon.

-Learn to utilize your tail lights. (Green for illustration, not actual color.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Personally, I think the current design is where its at. As far as a redesign happening, I will believe it when I see it. To me at least, the rear end is reminiscent of the 'Cuda rear end. As for the Demon hood, kinda of reminiscent of the A990 super stock hood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sadly, auto design is not as it used to be. Back in the day, designers were free to create but those days are long gone. Bean counters and soulless executives combined with Govt. bureaucrats determine what hits the streets these days.

Personally I would love to see options like a factory pistol grip like the original one, not that awful thing that Dodge put out a few years ago. Wheels are another sore spot for me. The old school steel wheels are beautiful much like the GM rally wheels of the same period. Here we are 50 years later and the wheel selection for the only true muscle car are terrible at best. Fix this. Factory performance package? Maybe something that includes a MOPAR catch can, anti-sway bar, so on. Give people some choices like we used to have when factory ordering a car.

Someone else already covered the highlights of the infotainment fail. Taking it a bit further, it needs to be thrown in the trash and built again from scratch. I'm not sure who Dodge hired to create the infotainment center, but I've never seen QNX Linux so unstable in my life. It takes a special sort of awful to make an otherwise rock solid platform crash as often as it does.

Ditch the liter call-outs and go back to cubic inch. Guys who remember the old school muscle car era never spoke in liters unless it was in regards to the only acceptable exception; the 1970s SE Trans-Am cars more popularly known as the Bandit Trans-Ams.

Create a track option for lower trim cars. Not everyone can or wants to run a Demon down the track. I bet that Dodge would sell the hell out of the track extras package on SRT, Scat Packs, etc.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Have a "default" option for the gages on the Performance Pages.

I always have the Gage 1 displayed when driving, and it would be nice to be able to start the car, and have the gages display instantly.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How about "real" hood scoops on the R/T that aren't just openings to blow air around the engine compartment. They should feed the air through an air filter to the intake manifold like it was done in the old days. Agree with everything said so far in this thread, especially the point about leaving the sharp body edges alone. If you start "un-retro-ing"this car there's no point in buying it anymore.. Wrt wheels...., yes, please provide some options similar to the muscle car era in alum and chrome AND maybe 17 inch diameters (if the brake calipers will fit) so we can have some sidewall on the tires.. And finally....., can the sheet metal be made a little thicker please.., even if it means a few extra pounds. :surprise:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
You guys all have some good points. I just want a @$#&ing on/off button for my radio. That has to be one of the biggest oversights of all IMO. How about a CD player. I'll even pay for it if it's reasonably priced.

More stripper model choices. Again you shouldn't have to pay the big bucks to get a bare bones fun car to rip on. If you want a V6 with no backup cam, no park assist, a stick shift or even 17 inch steel wheels, it should be your choice. In Canada, you can't even get a 5.7L R/T without heated leather and blind spot monitoring. You have to step up to the 392 to go without leather or blind spot. That seems backwards to me. There should be more choice of configuration.

·
Registered
550 Posts
STOP putting the foam inside are doors and fenders makes it rust much faster And I know this will never happen put some chrome back on the challenger like they had in the 1970s wishful thinking
That is one of my main gripes. Put some chrome on it and make it a little thinner on the side so that it looks like the rocket that it is. With that said, I am very happy with my Challenger. My bro-in-law, who is in the graphic design business, and also does wraps is looking at chrome bumper graphics with me. We are in the early stages but if anyone is interested I can keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
1. Ditch the Reynolds Wrap and install some sheet metal so that a sneeze doesn't dent the car.
2. For those of us who don't like the low rider look or bottoming out when driving over an ant, give us the option of standard height/comfort suspension with the 6.4 so we are not restricted to the 5.7.
3. Larger curvier scoops like the original.
4. I liked the 08-14 dash pad better. It was like the original. But the 15+ console is a big improvement over the 08-14.
5. Sharper bodyline like the originals.
6. Send MDS to the dustbin of EPA band aid CAFE ideas.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
520 Posts
Remove the spray foam, Hood scoops should be functional, More wheel choices,Have a on/off button for the radio..Other than that I love the 15+ look inside and out.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
6. Send MDS to the dustbin of EPA band aid CAFE ideas.
Not sure what the gripe with MDS is. I'd appreciate it if I could turn it off or if it was only active with ECO Mode.

Also:

This please. Thanks, bye.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I really don't expect to see too many big changes for '19 considering the new platform cars are scheduled to go into production in the fall of 2020. I think your just going to see more mixing of current parts to create more special models. There are several pics of a red non-wide body Hellcat Challenger driving around with a Demon hood on it leading many to think that there will be a standard body/suspension version of the Challenger with Demon power for '19, also allot of talk of a bump in HP for the 392 for specific models (prob there SRT 392 going to 500hp). I doubt you'll see any sheet metal changes or interior changes as that requires big $$$ that is certainly being set aside for the new car. My guess is maybe a few tweaks to front and rear facias and plastics on specific models but that's about it. You convertible fans might want to start saving your money for 2021. I hear a definite drop top is coming with the new platform.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Please don't change the platform. You got it right now just keep it that way. No Alfa for me.
We're getting a Maserati platform instead. Good news is it's derived from our platform but modified.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Change the rear seat headrests so they don't jam into the back of the front seats restricting their movement and change the 60/40 split of that seat so the small side is on the drivers side.

·
Registered
84 Posts
PLEASE make the driver's seat able to go lower to the floorpan so that taller people aren't sitting with their head against the headliner. Get rid of the rust-inducing foam, and use a thicker clearcoat and more durable paint.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love my car. Just a few gripes.
(1) Change the mindbogglingly easy to scratch glossy plastic plate between the tail lights.
(2) Thicker paint job please!
(3) Mud flaps should be standard (see 2).
(4) Fix the "hemi tick" so I don't have to wonder if my $50K car has a bad engine.
(5) I'd like to be able to turn the radio off with one push of the button instead of turning the volume down all the time.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts